Senior Spectrum Lead - ITU & MSS
Remote - US /
Legal & Regulatory Affairs – Regulatory /
Kepler is on an audacious mission: to bring the internet to space. Founded in 2015, our ambition is to provide internet connectivity in space, whether in LEO, MEO, GEO, or beyond. With an expanding base of early customers and our first 21 satellites in orbit, Kepler is continuing to grow and expand its most important asset – the Team!
We invest heavily to deliver the best products to our customers, and so we’re on the hunt for a top-tier Senior Spectrum Lead - ITU & MSS who will be responsible for maintaining Regulatory functions related to the build-out of Kepler’s MSS service and lobbying efforts, international coordination, and strategic business planning.
- Planning and executing on ITU/CEPT/CITEL/3GPP policies to advance Kepler’s MSS, FSS and ISL projects.
- Identify and build relationships with third-party vendors, operators and manufacturers to capitalize on Kepler’s COURIER-3 ITU filing.
- Work with engineering to build out Kepler’s ATC stack in partnership with third parties.
- Support filing and coordination of ITU filings with knowledge of standards and recommendations.
- Liaise with regulators around the world to build rapport and support for Kepler’s novel, always-on, Inter-Satellite network.
- Work with commercial contracts and regulatory agreements to support the build-out of a direct-to-satellite cellular phone offering.
- MS/PhD in Engineering, (Math, Physics, Aerospace) or other relevant degree.
- 5+ years of experience in Space or Satellite Regulations and engineering.
- Leader in RF/CDMA communication protocols, their implementation and interference assessment/spectrum optimization.
- Meticulous and organized with proven ability to handle exceptionally large volumes of information; acute attention to detail is required for success in this role.
- Proven knowledge of radio-frequency spectrum regulations, along with advanced knowledge of link-budgets for MSS and FSS systems.
- Advanced skill level with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with operating with a large degree of autonomy and independently assuring their work is both organized and maintained in a finished quality, suitable for external sharing.
- Fluent in a second language; German, French or Spanish.
Kepler Communications Inc. is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, people who identify as LGBT and others who may contribute to diversification in our workplace.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Kepler will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact our People & Culture team, through our Career Page to make your accommodation needs known and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.