Satellite Build Manager (Production/Manufacturing)
Toronto, Ontario /
Manufacturing & Quality – Manufacturing /
Kepler is on an audacious mission: to bring the internet to space. Founded in 2015, our ambition is to provide internet connectivity in space, whether in LEO, MEO, GEO, or beyond. With an expanding base of early customers and our first 21 satellites in orbit, Kepler is continuing to grow and expand its most important asset – the Team!
As Build and Release Manager, you would be responsible for setting up the entire production line of our satellites, from procurement and production to assembly, integration, and test. You would also build and manage the production team, ensuring smooth collaboration with our cross-functional design engineering teams, and the overall efficient execution of the satellite development process.
- Establish the end-to-end satellite development process, including procurement, production, AIT, and delivery.
- Develop and maintain the overall build and release strategy, ensuring alignment with project objectives and organizational goals.
- Manage the build and release team, providing guidance, support, and direction to ensure effective collaboration and efficient execution of tasks.
- Work closely with R&D product teams, stakeholders, and other organizational units to ensure smooth integration of subsystems and successful completion of the satellite development process.
- Collaborate with the Project Manager to establish project plans, schedules, and budgets, and monitor progress to ensure timely and cost-effective completion of the project.
- Develop and implement risk management strategies and contingency plans to address potential issues and challenges during the satellite development process.
- Develop and maintain version control systems and change management procedures to facilitate operations, debug, and overall knowledge of satellites throughout their lifetime
- Ensure adherence to industry standards, quality requirements, and regulatory compliance throughout the project.
- Provide regular status updates and reports to senior management and stakeholders, highlighting progress, risks, and issues, and proposing mitigation strategies as needed.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement within the build and release team, identifying areas for optimization and implementing best practices to enhance the overall satellite development process.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering, Management, or a related field.
- Extensive experience in production, manufacturing, systems engineering, or related field.
- Proven leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate, guide, and mentor team members.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing and production processes, including procurement, production, assembly, integration, and testing.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills, with the ability to identify and address risks and issues proactively.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with diverse teams and stakeholders.
- Skilled in the use of version control systems like Git, SVN and PDM
- Proficiency in project management methodologies and tools, such as PMP, PRINCE2, or Agile.
- Familiarity with industry standards, quality requirements, and regulatory compliance in satellite development.
Kepler Communications Inc. is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, people who identify as LGBT and others who may contribute to diversification in our workplace.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Kepler will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact our People & Culture team, through our Career Page to make your accommodation needs known and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.