Senior Sales & Biz Dev
Culver City, CA /
Work Management /
Permanent | Full-time
Kernel is building world leading, non-invasive brain interface technology. Neuroscience is the new rocket science.
Seeking a top 1% performing sales and business development professional. You will work with inbound leads and work outbound strategies. You will need to be, or rapidly become, technically fluent, both with our hardware and software. There is an existing research market for our product, however the majority of your time will be in new market creation exploration. You will need to build strong relationships with several internal technical groups to guide and align product market fit.
- You own the entire stack, from lead generation, framing of value, and contract negotiation to closing and implementation. Over time, additional people will join the team to help take on some of these tasks to enable greater focus on sales.
- Self directed, resourceful, work with minimal direction.
- Strategy formulation and iteration on new market creation
- Help develop and execute the partnership strategy and tactics that will support Kernel’s growth
- Develop new business strategies, conduct market analysis, and develop new and improved methods for selling Kernel’s products
- Provides input to management to respond to changing market conditions, to improve internal efficiency and maximize results
- You have done this before and can demonstrate past results
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- A historical track record of being an elite performer
- Strong business and commercial skills with an understanding of financial drivers and shareholder value; solid knowledge of industry-standard legal and business language, including familiarity with contracts, NDAs, IP, payment terms, proposals, pricing, margins
- Work independently to lead cross-functional partnership initiatives, working with product, finance, engineering, legal and marketing
- Maintain healthy and productive relationships with partners, resolving business, policy and technical issues.
- Strong customer presence and written/verbal communication skills
- Organized with attention to detail
- Enjoy a rapidly evolving start up
This position will require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment will be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license.