Lead Mechanical Engineer
Culver City, CA /
Engineering - Hardware /
Permanent | Full-time
Kernel is building world leading, non-invasive brain interface technology.
We are looking for a talented Senior Mechanical Engineer and Product Developer to work with our engineers and scientists in translating these technologies from the bench-top to product. The ideal candidate will provide team leadership and deliver a variety of mechanical part and-assembly designs including small sensor components, enclosure parts, PCBA outlines, connectors, and product assemblies.
Neuroscience is the new rocket science.
- Lead a small team to coordinate fast-moving projects that vary in scope
- Support hardware development by delivering mechanical designs during multiple project phases, from ideation, proof-of-concept, prototyping to production
- Manage fabrication of parts by in-house capabilities and by external vendors
- Create and maintain CAD design files and related documents
- Specify materials, fasteners, and adhesives based on product and engineering requirements
- Apply Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA) and Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA) methods and principles to make designs robust
- 4-year degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent from an accredited institution
- 7+ years’ experience performing mechanical engineering/industrial design for consumer, medical or aerospace
- Proficiency using SolidWorks to model robust parts and assemblies, and to create detailed drawings
- Design components for injection molding, machining, and 3D printing
- Great communication skills that include sharing design intent and how decisions are made
- Complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Design for high-precision sensors or electronics packaging
- Experience contributing to a multi-disciplinary team’s combined effort, by delivering results that meet milestones
This position will require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment will be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license.