Lead Manufacturing and Test Engineer
Culver City, CA /
Engineering - Hardware /
Permanent | Full-time
Kernel is building world leading, non-invasive brain interface technology.
We are looking for an experienced and hands-on Manufacturing and Testing Engineering Lead to accelerate the process of scaling our production capabilities. The ideal candidate will provide team leadership that spans both manufacturing and test and includes developing processes and functional test capabilities both internally and with external partners.
Neuroscience is the new rocket science.
- Lead a small team to coordinate tooling for internal test and assembly stations
- Migrate processes and test requirements to external vendors (OSAT or CM) as our production quantities scale
- Develop reliability models and work with design engineers on product qualification - including custom silicon devices
- Analyze results and provide feedback and suggestions for improving manufacturing quality and test time
- Manage Bill-of-Materials and associated build instructions through PLM systems
- Guide root-cause failure analysis and identify significant contributors to yield loss
- Provide management reports of build and testing progress
- 4-year degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an accredited institution
- 7+ years’ experience working in test and manufacturing of electronic components and subsystems
- Demonstrated experience with automation of testing and manufacturing steps
- Proven track-record with new product development of semiconductor devices and associated reliability models
- Familiarity with optical systems, including lasers and photodiodes
- Great communication skills that include sharing intent and how decisions are made
- Experience contributing to a multi-disciplinary team’s combined effort, by delivering results that meet milestones
- Proficient in Python development
- Experience using SolidWorks to design test fixtures and manufacturing tooling
- Manufacturing and test of high-precision sensors or electronics packaging
This position will require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment will be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license.