UI Software Engineer
Culver City, CA (Onsite) /
Engineering - Software /
Onsite | Permanent | Full-time
Kernel is building world-leading, non-invasive brain interface technology.
If you’re a passionate Web/Mobile UI Engineer excited about the future of the human brain, Kernel is the place for you! We’re looking for a creative and energized engineer to build, iterate, and collaborate on the user interfaces that will power the Brain Revolution. You’ll work closely with design and software engineering teams to produce world-class applications for Kernel users.
Neuroscience is the new rocket science.
- Communicate throughout your process and within our highly-iterative environment by demonstrating/sharing progress, seeking feedback, surveying users, ingesting analytics with a general awareness of both engineering cost and scope (simplicity ships)
- Work closely with Design and Product Management teams to scope powerful and accessible software experiences
- Report to Lead UI Engineer and contribute to and elevate Kernel’s growing UI codebases by integrating seamlessly with existing patterns, growing legacy code, and contributing new and useful abstractions
- Familiarity with responsiveness, cross-browser techniques, front-end animation, web tooling, Git
- You have excellent communication skills as demonstrated via past collaborative experience, writings, video, etc.
- Experience with React and Typescript
- Strong familiarity with a popular design tool such as Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
This position will require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment will be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license.