Senior Mechanical Engineer
Culver City, CA /
Engineering - Hardware /
Permanent | Full-time
Kernel is building world leading, non-invasive brain interface technology.
We are looking for a talented Senior Mechanical Engineer and Product Developer to work with our engineers and scientists in translating technologies from the bench-top to product. The ideal candidate will integrate into our team and help deliver a variety of mechanical part and assembly designs, including small sensor components, PCBAs, headgear, and electronics enclosures.
Neuroscience is the new rocket science.
- Support hardware development by delivering mechanical designs during multiple project phases, from ideation, proof-of-concept, prototyping, to production
- Create and maintain CAD design files and related documents
- Manage fabrication of parts by in-house capabilities and by external vendors
- Specify materials, fasteners, and adhesives based on product and engineering requirements
- 4-year degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent from an accredited institution
- 7+ years of experience performing mechanical design engineering for consumer electronics, medical or aerospace
- Proficiency using Solidworks to create detailed drawings from parts and assemblies
- DFMA experience, designing components for various manufacturing processes, including 3D printing, machining, and molding
- Great communication skills that include sharing decision processes and design intent
- Complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Design for headworn products, small mechanisms, high-precision sensors, and electronics packaging
- Experience contributing to a multi-disciplinary team’s combined effort, by delivering results that meet milestones
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment
This position will require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment will be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license.