Neurotech Research Assistant
Culver City, CA (Onsite) /
Onsite | Permanent | Full-time
Kernel is building world leading, non-invasive brain interface technology.
We are seeking a research assistant to support our neuroimaging studies using our Kernel Flow platform. A successful candidate will be able to collect and analyze neuroimaging data and will also be able to understand and communicate how to improve this process. This person will work closely with product engineers, UI developers, and external partners to refine and enhance our product.
Neuroscience is the new rocket science.
- Help with our human neuroimaging program and Flow product development
- Collect and curate neuroimaging datasets
- Develop graphs, reports, and presentations of project results using existing software tools
- Support external partners with advanced technical issues
- Collaborate with a diverse team of neuroscientists, engineers, and physicists in order to develop and refine the Flow product
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Neuroscience, Biomedical Engineering, or a related field
- Experience organizing research data and operating complex research equipment according to a protocol
- Ability to multi-task and work without immediate supervision
- Ability to obtain and maintain certification for Human Subjects Research
- 2 years of hands-on experience in a research lab
- Experience collecting human neuroimaging data
- Experience with product development or project management
- Demonstrated coding and data analysis skills (Python, MATLAB, C++, etc.)
This position will require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment will be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license.