Culver City, CA (Onsite) /
Operations | Human Resources /
Onsite | Permanent | Full-time
Kernel is building world leading, non-invasive brain interface technology.
We are looking for an extraordinary Purchasing Manager to own this critical piece of our development and operations. This individual will be a key member of the operations team, working closely with the Asset Manager and Operations Manager to make sure our purchasing processes operate efficiently, while creating an environment that inspires creativity, teamwork, and innovation. Most importantly, this individual will have the opportunity to work on something incredibly meaningful that could impact the lives of millions of people and even the future of humanity.
Neuroscience is the new rocket science.
- Responsible for sourcing, negotiating, contracting, and purchasing goods and services both locally and internationally
- Act as a liaison between Kernel engineers and external vendors to smoothly collect and communicate purchase requirements and address any issues that may arise from production challenges, part shortages or changes in requirements
- Keep track of open orders to ensure deliveries meet production deadlines and provide thorough updates to requestor of any changes in timeline
- Obtain multiple bids and negotiate with suppliers to ensure best pricing, while maintaining high quality and standards of service
- Manage all aspects of purchasing through the company ERP, ensuring that purchasing and associated records are updated accurately and timely
- Maintain and expand on our global network of suppliers
- Implement and document policies and procedures to facilitate effective and efficient purchasing operations and related activities
- Work with the accounting team to process invoices, returns, refunds, and vendor payments
- Build and lead the purchasing team as the company grows
- Develop and maintain KPIs to track and optimize the purchasing process
- Bachelor’s degree (engineering or related degree preferred)
- 3+ years of experience as electronics purchaser or in equivalent procurement role
- Strong understanding of procurement best practices
- Detailed knowledge of import and export regulations
- Familiarity with hazmat shipping requirements
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to consistently complete projects before deadlines
- Attention to details and high-level of accuracy
- Ability to learn quickly and think on your feet
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to work in a team environment and effectively cooperate with others
- Willingness to take on new projects in different areas as required by the company
This position will require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment will be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license.