Electrical Assembly Technician
Culver City, CA /
Engineering - Hardware /
Permanent | Full-time
Kernel is building world leading, non-invasive brain interface technology.
The Electrical Assembly Technician will be responsible for assembling, testing, and reworking PCBAs used inside our sensors and in supporting hardware, both with a team and autonomously. They will also perform quality assurance on the entire process both for their own work and the work of their team.
Neuroscience is the new rocket science.
- Electrical/mechanical assembly and test of human wearable devices, subassemblies, and connected hardware
- Work under a microscope to assemble and inspect small and delicate electrical assemblies
- Proficient with basic electronic assembly tools (soldering iron, multimeter, etc.)
- Operate electronics test equipment (Function generator, scope, DMM, PSU, etc.)
- Read and navigate schematics and CAD layout files
- Document work performed and inspection results clearly and precisely
- Ensure product quality and conformance to design requirements
- Run PCBAs through custom test stations
- Troubleshoot PCBA failures and record repairs
- Assist engineers with development build ups or tear downs
- Coordinate support to and from other groups
- 3+ years of electrical assembly experience
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends when necessary
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills
- Well organized and strives to keep and clean, efficient workspace
- Strong understanding of basic electronics
- Demonstrated ability to read, interpret and work from drawings, controlled documentation and processes such as: layout drawings, mechanical drawings, assembly procedures/work instructions, schematics, engineering drawings, and parts lists
- Skilled at reworking fine-pitch SMT components, down to 0201 size
- Experience handling and routing electrical cables
- Experience setting up and running tests and experiments
- Proficient with computers enough to use MS Office, shop floor management software (ERP) and related programs
This position will require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment will be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license.