Culver City, CA (Onsite) /
Onsite | Permanent | Full-time
Kernel is building world leading, non-invasive brain interface technology.
We are seeking a neuroscientist to develop new capabilities around our Kernel Flow platform. A successful candidate will be a neuroscientist with experience working with hemodynamic signals, and will regularly work to push the limits of our system capabilities and applications with regard to brain imaging. This person will work closely in a team of neuroscientists and data scientists to design, execute and get insights from human brain imaging studies.
Neuroscience is the new rocket science.
- Collect, curate and analyze large neuroimaging datasets
- Contribute to design of neuroscience studies for product evaluation or application development
- Collaborate with a diverse team of neuroscientists, engineers, and physicists in order to develop and evaluate neuroscience-related products
- M.S. in Neuroscience, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Physics, Statistics, or a related field
- Strong programming and data analysis skills
- At least 2 years of experience collecting and analyzing fMRI or fNIRS data
- Experience with data cleaning methods (artifact detection, correction, etc)
- At least 5 years of fNIRS or fMRI research experience, or a Ph.D.
- Author on at least one published fNIRS or fMRI human neuroscience study
- Experience with experimental design in cognitive neuroscience, especially individual differences approaches, neuroergonomics, or neuroscience for personal development
- Experience with neuroscience in an industry setting
- Strong python programming skills
- Experience with physiological sensor data
This position will require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment will be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license.