Culver City, CA /
Permanent | Full-time
Kernel is building world leading, non-invasive brain interface technology.
We are seeking a neuroscientist to develop new capabilities around our Kernel Flow platform. A successful candidate will be an experienced user of fNIRS devices and will regularly work to push the limits of our system capabilities with regard to brain imaging. This person will work closely with product engineers to refine and enhance our product.
Neuroscience is the new rocket science.
- Collect, curate, and analyze large neuroimaging datasets
- Contribute to design of neuroscience studies for product evaluation or application development
- Collaborate with a diverse team of neuroscientists, engineers, and physicists in order to develop and evaluate neuroscience-related products
- M.S. in Neuroscience, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Physics, Statistics, or a related field
- Strong coding and data analysis skills (Python, MATLAB, C++, etc.)
- At least 2 years of experience collecting and analyzing fNIRS data
- Experience with data cleaning methods for optical imaging (artifact detection, correction, etc.)
- At least 5 years of neuroscience and/or fNIRS research experience
- Author on at least one published fNIRS human neuroscience study
- Strong Python programming skills
- Experience with advanced human optical imaging methods: time domain fNIRS, DCS, Frequency Domain
- Experience with physiological sensor data
This position will require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment will be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license.