Front Office Manager
Culver City, CA /
Operations | Human Resources /
Permanent | Full-time
Kernel is building world leading, non-invasive brain interface technology.
We are looking for an extraordinary Front Office Manager to be a key contributor to building a welcoming and productive office environment for team members and visitors. In this position, you will be responsible for managing all front-end duties and providing excellent customer service to our guests. This individual will be a key member of the Operations team, working closely with the Operations Manager and Facilities Manager to make sure the office operates efficiently, while creating an environment that inspires creativity, teamwork, and innovation. They will also be involved in many different efforts to improve the culture and office environment of the company. Most importantly, this individual will have the opportunity to work on something incredibly meaningful that could impact the lives of millions of people and even the future of humanity.
Neuroscience is the new rocket science.
- Manage front desk and ensure all employees, vendors, and visitors comply with all security procedures
- Answer phone inquiries, direct calls, and provide basic information
- Oversee mail deliveries, packages, and couriers
- Assist other teams with the purchasing and receiving of computers, inventory parts, and equipment
- Manage office food and beverage programs
- Purchase, track, and manage invoices for office supply inventory
- Work with Human Resources team on employee on-boarding and off-boarding
- Manage weekly expense reporting for general office operations
- Help maintain cleanliness and orderliness of the reception area, kitchen, and conference rooms
- Provide an elite level of administrative service to individual Kernel team members including scheduling, travel reservations, and other clerical duties
- Assist with putting away deliveries and stocking the kitchen and supply areas
- Assist in planning company events, meetings, luncheons, and employee team building activities or special projects as needed
- Other ad hoc tasks related to office management
- 2-4 years experience as an office manager, executive assistant, or similar role
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to consistently complete projects before deadlines
- Ability to identify issues that may arise in the future and propose solutions
- Attention to detail and high-level of accuracy
- Ability to learn quickly and think on your feet
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to work in a team environment and effectively cooperate with others
- Willingness to take on new projects in different areas as required by the company
- Proficiency with Apple products and related software
This position will require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment will be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license.