Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Culver City, CA /
Permanent | Full-time
Kernel is building world leading, non-invasive brain interface technology.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for assembling and testing Kernel’s sensors and related hardware, both electrical and mechanical. They will lead a team to refine the assembly flow and create procedures, design tooling and test fixtures, ensure the quality of all finished products, and track production work through an ERP system.
Neuroscience is the new rocket science.
- Lead a team in producing cutting edge neuro-sensing hardware, including test and validation
- Read, interpret, and work from drawings and documentation to create and manage manufacturing BOMs, work instructions, and specification
- Identify, plan, and execute streamlined production processes with an emphasis on increasing reliability and yield
- Develop tools and workstations to perform production work, and design test fixtures to ensure the sensor hardware and electronics meets specifications
- Train technicians in all assembly and test procedures, and work with them to continuously improve the process
- Analyze manufacturing discrepancies for root cause and engineer corrective actions
- Source parts and assemblies from vendors and manage the quality of their delivered products
- Influence sensor architecture with design for manufacturing in mind to create more reliable and manufacturable hardware
- Document work performed and inspection results clearly and precisely
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline (electrical preferred)
- 3+ years of electro-mechanical assembly/testing experience
- Strong leadership skills
- CAD experience (Solidworks prefered)
- Willing to work overtime and weekends when necessary
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision
- 1+ years of manufacturing management experience
- Strong understanding of PCBA assembly and testing
- Proficient with shop floor management software (ERP/MRP) and related programs
- Experience with non-destructive testing/non-destructive evaluation
- Design for Manufacturability experience
- Experience with capacity modeling, process mapping, and fault analysis
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma or equivalent high-performance culture systems
- Pareto Analysis, root cause, and corrective action experience
This position will require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment will be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license.