Culver City, CA (Onsite) /
Operations | Human Resources /
Onsite | Permanent | Full-time
Kernel is building world leading, non-invasive brain interface technology.
We are looking for an extraordinary Facilities Manager to oversee our Culver City offices and additional facilities as we expand. This individual will lead a small team and manage many vendors. They will be responsible to manage all aspects of the facility, including efficiency, function and safety, while carefully managing operating costs and ensuring compliance with local, state and federal regulations. This individual will have a unique opportunity to work in an innovative, collaborative, fast-paced environment, while being part of building something incredibly meaningful that could impact the lives of millions of people and even the future of humanity.
Neuroscience is the new rocket science.
- Manage all maintenance, repairs, and cleaning for the building to ensure a pristine office and lab environment for team members
- In coordination with others on the Operations team; strategize, build, and implement company-wide procedures, protocols, and documentation
- Assist team members with problem solving to create outcomes in alignment with their requests
- Ensure the facility conforms with all safety and environmental regulations
- Oversee a large group of diverse vendors, including meeting with them regularly to set objectives, assess results and increase performance
- Assist with landlord and property management relationships, along with compliance with lease agreements
- Assist with key equipment installations and other special projects as they arise
- Optimize the layout, furniture and equipment and other aspects of the facility to enhance the creativity, collaboration, and efficiency of the entire team
- Actively manage machine shop and 3D print lab for safety, tooling and job readiness
- Handle hazardous waste collection and disposal
- Work with HR on onboarding and offboarding of employees
- 5 years minimum experience in a facilities management role
- 3 years minimum experience in a lab environment or similar environment
- OSHA certified preferred
- Experience working with and leading lab safety programs
- High-level knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and HVAC systems
- Very high standards for efficiency, cleanliness and organization
- Ability to work independently and be proactive
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer abilities, including proficiency with Apple and G-suite products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This position will require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment will be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license.