Mechanical Assembly Technician
Culver City, CA /
Engineering - Hardware /
Permanent | Full-time
Kernel is building world leading, non-invasive brain interface technology.
We are looking for a Mechanical Assembly Technician who will be responsible for physically constructing our sensors and supporting hardware, both with a team and autonomously. They will also perform quality assurance on the entire process both for their own work and the work of their team.
Neuroscience is the new rocket science.
- Mechanical/electrical assembly and installation of human wearable devices, subassemblies, and connected hardware
- Work under a microscope using tweezers to assemble and inspect small and delicate mechanical assemblies
- Operate light equipment such as custom built assembly tooling, drills, crimpers, presses, etc.
- Operate electrical test equipment, including troubleshooting and maintenance
- Document work performed and inspection results clearly and precisely
- Ensure product quality and conformance to design requirements
- Help develop and perfect production workstations and processes
- Work with safety in mind, both for yourself, fellow employees and for the hardware
- Keep a clean, organized, and thoroughly maintained work space
- Maintain consumable supply inventory
- Assist engineers with development build ups or tear downs
- Coordinate support to and from other groups
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of mechanical or electrical assembly experience
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends when necessary
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills
- Well organized and strives to keep a clean, efficient workspace
- Knowledge of basic shop tools and skills
- Demonstrated ability to read, interpret, and work from drawings, controlled documentation, and processes such as: layout drawings, mechanical drawings, assembly procedures/work instructions, schematics, engineering drawings, and parts lists
- Experience working on precision mechanical manufacturing, especially with actively aligned optical components
- Experience handling and routing electrical cables
- Experience setting up and running tests and experiments
- Proficient with computers enough to use MS Office, shop floor management software (ERP) and related programs
- Excellent communication skills
This position will require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment will be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license.