Assistant Facilities Manager
Culver City, CA /
Operations | Human Resources /
Permanent | Full-time
Kernel is building world leading, non-invasive brain interface technology.
We are looking for an extraordinary Assistant Facilities Manager to oversee our Culver City headquarters and additional facilities as we expand. This individual will assist with leading a small team and managing a large number of vendors. They will be responsible to help manage all aspects of the facility, including efficiency, function, and safety, while carefully managing operating costs and ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal regulations. This individual will have a unique opportunity to work in an innovative, collaborative, fast-paced environment, while being part of building something incredibly meaningful that could impact the lives of millions of people and even the future of humanity.
Neuroscience is the new rocket science.
- Manage and assist with maintenance and cleaning for the building to ensure a pristine office and lab environment for team members
- Provide day-to-day repairs throughout the office including electrical, HVAC, mechanical, etc.
- In coordination with others on the Operations team; strategize, build, and implement company-wide procedures, protocols, and documentation
- Ensure the facility conforms with all safety and environmental regulations
- Oversee a large group of diverse vendors, including meeting with them regularly to set objectives, assess results, and increase performance
- Assist with landlord and property management relationships, along with compliance with lease agreements
- Assist with key equipment installations and other special projects as they arise
- Optimize the layout, furniture and equipment, and other aspects of the facility to enhance the creativity, collaboration, and efficiency of the entire team
- Backup receptionist and maintain a friendly and professional environment by greeting and assisting colleagues, vendors, and customers
- Work with HR on onboarding and offboarding of employees
- Assist with managing our in-house and campus security vendors
- Assist with planning and executing team events and office activities
- Support our purchasing department with ordering and receiving of computers, inventory parts and equipment
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a facilities management role or relevant position
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and HVAC systems
- Excellent organizational and collaboration skills
- Very high standards for efficiency, cleanliness, and organization
- Ability to work independently and be proactive
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- OHSA certification
- Strong proficiency in computers, office programs, and other systems
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
This position will require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment will be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license.