Lead Security Guard
Culver City, CA (Onsite) /
Operations | Human Resources /
Onsite | Permanent | Full-time
Kernel is building world leading, non-invasive brain interface technology.
We are looking for an extraordinary Lead Security Guard to own this critical piece of our operations team. This individual will work closely with the Operations Manager and our outside security company to make sure our security processes operate efficiently, while creating an environment that inspires creativity, teamwork and innovation. Most importantly, this individual will have the opportunity to work on something incredibly meaningful that could impact the lives of millions of people and even the future of humanity.
Neuroscience is the new rocket science.
- Secure premises and personnel by patrolling property, monitoring surveillance equipment, inspecting buildings, equipment and access points, and managing facility access
- Execute procedures and processes to provide physical protection for personnel and company property. Ensure security team shift priorities are followed based on policies and procedures
- Review utilization and maintenance of security equipment on site
- Monitor the front door while greeting guests, vendors, and other visitors in a professional manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years of experience in the security field
- Ability to work calmly in fast-paced environment while assisting with multiple client and employee requests
- Exceptional Mac and Windows computer skills and strong understanding of security systems and electronic equipment
- Ability to sit and monitor security for long periods of time
- Attention to detail and high-level of accuracy
- Ability to learn quickly and think on your feet
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to work in a team and effectively cooperate with others
- Willingness to take on new projects in different areas as required by the company