Embedded Software Engineer
Culver City, CA (Onsite) /
Engineering - Software /
Onsite | Permanent | Full-time
Kernel is building world leading, non-invasive brain interface technology.
If you consider yourself a passionate developer who raises expectations and dares to dream big, Kernel can meet your ambitions. We’re looking for a Software Engineer with a background in embedded systems and experience working directly with embedded hardware. The embedded software team works closely with electrical engineers, neuroscientists, and customers throughout the company to deliver high quality features at a rapid pace. Successful applicants will have the ability to grow their skillset and develop, deploy, and test critical embedded systems.
Neuroscience is the new rocket science.
- Develop low level drivers to bring up embedded hardware
- Work with hardware engineers to bring up and debug embedded hardware systems
- Work directly with neuroscientists to improve software systems to collect the most high quality data
- Build and maintain a clean, concise, and modular codebase
- Have a high ethic of software quality and a desire to accelerate software production by following best practices in unit testing and continuous integration
- B.S., Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Proficient in embedded C
- Familiar with C++
- You stretched yourself by earning a graduate degree (MS) in CS, EE, or related field
- You’ve worked in the lab to bring up electronic products and are familiar with basic electronic tools (oscilloscope, multimeter, etc.)
- You’ve kept up on the best practices in the field
- You’re willing to experiment with new technologies to help improve performance of hardware
This position will require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment will be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license.