Data Systems Engineer / Data Scientist
Los Angeles, CA
Brain science is the new rocket science.
We’re building the world's first neuroprosthesis for cognitive repair and improvement in the hippocampus using electrode data from populations of single neurons.
What we’re looking for: Work with our team to build out the company software infrastructure across the whole stack from server-side to front-end.
If you were on our team, this is what you would have done last month
- Built a distributed processing pipeline for neural data on AWS
- Specced out the design and led implementation of a secure multi site experimental data sharing system
- Led computational neuroscientists in the transition from Matlab based research code to Python based production code
- Built a data science platform or an experiment framework for tracking and versioning experiments, code, data, and results
- Experience with numerical and scientific Python, Matlab, and compute clusters like AWS
- Broad familiarity with build/dev tools and languages
- Independence and great team skills, resourcefulness
- Startup familiarity
How We Roll:
- We’re working to build an extraordinarily talented team to work on the most consequential technological development of our time: human intelligence (HI). Our culture is defined by a shared expectation of being exceptional in all that we do. We value transparency to build trust, feedback to improve, and intense devotion to achieve our goals.
- We mutually strive to build an empowering work environment that is emulation worthy.
- We find our mission incredibly meaningful and challenging.
- Health, dental, and vision
- Generous vacation policy
- Matching 401k
- Monthly contributions to student loan debt
- Company paid life insurance and short term disability
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.