Computational Engineer - Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles, CA
Use diverse forms of computational modeling (electromagnetics, biomechanics, cellular and tissue biophysics) to aid in the modelling of dynamic interactions between neural interfaces, tissue, and network activity in the brain.
- Perform computational modeling, addressing dynamic interactions between bidirectional neural interfaces and realistic models of neural tissue
- Participate in the design and testing of neural interfaces
- PhD in computational physics, computational biophysics, computational neuroscience, systems neuroscience, or similar
- Experience modeling complex dynamical systems using finite element modeling
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Detailed knowledge of neuroscience and neuroanatomy
- Experience with NEURON, GENESYS, pyNN, neuroConstruct, etc. to model extracellular fields in complex networks
- Experience with COMSOL
- Experience validating neural models with in-vitro or in-vivo testing
- Health, dental, and vision
- Generous vacation policy
- Matching 401k
- Monthly contributions to student loan debt
- Company paid life insurance and short term disability
Our culture is defined by a shared expectation of being exceptional in all that we do. We value transparency to build trust, feedback to improve, and intense devotion to achieve our goals.
We mutually strive to build an empowering work environment that is emulation worthy.
We find our mission incredibly meaningful and challenging.