Director of Communications/Marketing
For Kernel/Continuance LLC
Responsible for development, implementation, and oversight of communications, marketing, and PR initiatives for Kernel.
About: This role is for a creative self-starter with experience and relationships in social media, digital video, and online community building. Must have an active passion for science, psychology, and technology; a background in neuroscience/neurotech is helpful but not necessary.
- Establish strategic relationships/partnerships with key media & science/tech/news publications
- Craft a digestible weekly email newsletter - “Building a Better Mind,” news and tips for people seeking to better their mind
- Crafting a longer-format article on Medium around human intelligence (i.e. ReThink HI - weekly short form Q&A’s with different thought leaders in the neuroscience/future literacy space, from a writer on Black Mirror to the CEO of Blackrock Neurotech) - See examples of CEO’s former posts on Medium here.
- Develop and executive on creative ideas to build an active and engaged community around neuroscience
- Curate popular news articles and posts, manage Kernel social media strategy (Twitter, Facebook, Medium, possibly Instagram)
- Has an active understanding of neuroscience in pop culture - i.e. Westworld, Black Mirror - and strategically build interest in the communities of these existing brands
- Produce & oversee a weekly podcast, hosted by CEO Bryan Johnson. Responsible for outreach to guests, scheduling/booking, and oversight of podcast marketing materials and strategy (images, social media posts, etc.)
- Act as a liaison on Kernel creative projects with the PR firm as well as other media companies (i.e. a documentary on human intelligence, a web series with a major online tech publication)
- Oversee creative execution and marketing on online video series (i.e. Explorations) produced by outside production companies. Must understand online audience development, advertising, and insights for key demographics.
- Manage and oversee invite-only tentpole events/dinners to help foster relationships with the local tech/science community. Bringing influencers and thought leaders together for intimate discussions around innovation. (i.e. a human intelligence dinner for speakers at SXSW)
- In house PR/speaking opportunity outreach on behalf of Bryan Johnson/Kernel (done in conjunction with out-of-house PR firm)
- Skilled, punchy writer with a distinct voice. Must have an interest or passion in “mind science” and able to distill concepts down into interesting, digestible narratives (i.e. neuroscience is the new rocket science.)
- Social media marketing and insights. Must have a background in social media development, execution, and strategy. This includes analyzing audience demographics and insights, crafting headlines, graphics, and stories, and collaborating with other science/tech platforms to build audience. Experience with podcasts a plus.
How We Roll:
- We’re working to build an extraordinarily talented team to work on the most consequential technological development of our time: human intelligence (HI). Our culture is defined by a shared expectation of being exceptional in all that we do. We value transparency to build trust, feedback to improve, and intense devotion to achieve our goals.
- We mutually strive to build an empowering work environment that is emulation worthy.
- We find our mission incredibly meaningful and challenging.
- Health, dental, and vision
- Generous vacation policy
- Matching 401k
- Monthly contributions to student loan debt
- Company paid life insurance and short term disability