VP of Capital Markets
New York, New York /
Real Estate & Finance /
Full time employee
Keyway is a Series A stage PropTech company. We are building a new ecosystem for commercial real estate where every deal, no matter how big or small, receives the right resources and systems to succeed. We leverage AI to identify commercial real estate opportunities and our own technology to ensure that the transaction itself is transparent, smooth and predictable. We are not brokers, buyers or sellers - we are connectors.
Our CEO has successfully launched three companies, and our leadership team are alumni from respected companies such as Goldman Sachs, Google, Jamestown, Capital One, McKinsey, Brookfield, and Compass among others. We recently raised a $25M Series A, and have raised over $100M in total funding up to this point.
We are backed by Canvas, Camber Creek, Thomvest & FJ Labs, four venture capital firms that have invested in other successful companies like Alibaba, AppNexus, Betterment, Buzzfeed, Dataminr, Dropbox, FanDuel, Houzz, Klarna, Opendoor, Palantir, Stripe, Uber, and Upwork (among others).
We’re looking for a talented VP of Capital Markets to join our exceptional team, help us continue our rapid growth, and make real estate work for SMBs. In this pivotal position, you will report to the CEO and serve as a key member of the leadership team. You will be responsible for all capital markets operations, including leading, structuring and negotiating new credit facilities and securitized vehicles. You will work closely with the entire deal team to make sure that each transaction gets optimal financing. This person needs to have a demonstrated ability of cultivating relationships with lenders including banks, credit unions, lifecos, insurance and other potential capital markets partners. This person will also be responsible for our capital markets accounting.
Responsibilities and opportunities
- Financial modeling and analysis for all funding and hedging strategies via Excel
- Develop relationships with and manage all the requirements of any lender on an ongoing basis
- Assist the acquisitions team on closing assets in tandem with capital markets funding
- Development and documentation of capital markets rationale and strategy, including preparation and presentation of investment memoranda and investor presentation materials
- Think critically and analyze information to provide meaningful insight and input around capital markets
- Promote a culture of collaboration and be willing to work cross-functionally to add value across the organization
- As the VP of Capital Markets, you will manage and own all aspects of our capital markets strategy
- You will build relationships with lenders including banks, credit unions, lifecos, insurance and other potential capital markets partners
- Own the financing deal process from start to finish, including structuring, marketing, negotiating, documenting, and executing facilities.
- Ongoing capital markets accounting
- We prioritize a commitment to diversity in our team building process, we enthusiastically encourage individuals from a variety of lived experiences to reach out.
Personal Qualifications that we value at keyway
- 8+ years of prior real estate capital market experience, within a private equity or banking environment
- Entrepreneurial: comfortable talking to stakeholders to understand business needs, running small tests to validate assumptions, and refining requirements based on results
- Results orientation with a high motor and an incredible attention to detail; able to drive projects from planning to completion with limited oversight
- Superior analytical skills and attention to detail with a data-driven mentality
- A low ego and can-do attitude; willingness to admit mistakes and work to remedy them
- Flexibility to prioritize deliverables and re-prioritize them at a moment’s notice
At Keyway we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.