Head of Business Intelligence/Data Science
Fave is one of Southeast Asia’s fastest growing start-ups. Having served tens of thousands of offline businesses and millions of consumers, Fave is now one of the leading mobile O2O platforms in the region.
With operations across the region including Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore, this is a rare opportunity for you to be part of a larger Southeast Asian story. At Fave, we believe that small and medium businesses are the backbone of the economy and we have made it our mission to help offline businesses across SEA to go and grow online.
Hustling in a fast-paced startup environment can be incredibly rewarding. At Fave, we make it all the more fun with offices designed for collaboration, productivity, and play. You get unlimited access to people (founders included), opportunities to learn, coffee, and WiFi – and we consider these the basic necessities! There’s also an office pool table, ping pong, PS4 console, FaveUp learning sessions featuring industry veterans, movie nights, and lots more!
If being a part of a digital revolution in the fastest-growing region in the world excites you, get in touch today!
Our team is looking for a Head of Business Intelligence to join us.
As a Head of Business Intelligence/Data Science, your will:
- Manage the data team which comprises of:
- Help to streamline data collection and analytics from multiple data touch points.
- Work with business owners to develop and define key business requirements and support the overall business initiatives, decisions and process with data and insights.
- Work with senior leadership team on strategies and initiatives.
- Provide leadership and a plan for scaling our data team and the infrastructure.
i. Business Intelligence: Manage the BI platform, ensure accurate reporting, provide actionable business insights based on data
ii. Data Engineering: Manage the data warehouse and data integration efforts, scaling data infrastructure according to business needs
iii. Data Science: Building, deploying and optimising machine learning models in all aspects of our product
- Proven leadership managing teams of data scientists, data analysts and data engineers.
- Deep expertise building/scaling data infrastructure and the proven ability to translate the data into meaningful insights.
- Good knowledge in stochastic modelling, assignment, queuing systems, forecasting, scheduling, simulation, optimization, etc.
- Good communication skills - able to present complex subjects clearly and coherently to non-domain experts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or related technical field. A Ph.D with 2 years post-doc in research would be an advantage.
- 10+ years of work experience in data analysis, applied statistics or econometrics.
- Proficient in database systems; PostgreSQL, Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, etc. NoSQL experience is a bonus.
- Proficient in programming languages for data; SQL, Python, R.
- Experienced in building end-to-end data pipelines.
- Familiar with cloud computing services (preferably AWS).
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to break down complexity.
- Strong knowledge in Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning.
- Strong sense of ownership with a track record of delivering quality projects.