Mobile Engineer (Android/iOS)
Fave is the next generation Digital Merchant Platform that empowers offline merchants to grow and connect with their customers in a whole new way. Fave is on a mission to accelerate the offline world’s transition to the digital economy by putting growth at the centre of our merchants, our customers, our people and our partners because growth is good for everyone.
Fave connects merchants and consumers to deliver seamless payment experience and merchant rewards. It serves as a payment aggregator for the most popular cards and e-wallets (Grab, OVO). Integrated with other strategic partners Fave offer merchants more value add and more customer exposure through marketing, data, financing and operations. Merchants can now focus on what they do best for their customers; because everything else is taken care of.
Hustling in a fast-paced startup environment can be incredibly rewarding. At Fave, we make it all the more fun with offices designed for collaboration, productivity, and play. You get unlimited access to people (founders included), opportunities to learn, coffee, and WiFi – and we consider these the basic necessities! There’s also an office indoor mini golf course, ping pong, electronic scoreboard arcade basketball game, cool pantry, FaveUp learning sessions featuring industry veterans, movie nights, and lots more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
As a company, we are focused on growth. Therefore, opportunities to learn and grow constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you feel better are endless here in Fave. When you grow, we will grow with you.
Engineering at Fave
- We build new features on top of a modern stack, consisting of web apps (in a mix of Ruby on Rails, Elixir & React) communicating through APIs to Ruby services, backed by databases and Kafka topics and Elasticsearch, all deployed using ArgoCD in a continuous delivery cycle to AWS.
- You don’t need to have experience in any of our specific technologies: we’re great at teaching good engineers how to use our modern SaaS stack.
- We don't follow rigid Scrum or Kanban, but we do work in an agile, iterative way, and try to continuously improve and implement what works for us.
- We deploy changes to production regularly.
As a Mobile Engineer (Android/iOS), you will:-
- Be a key member of a team that builds reusable Android / iOS software components for Fave platform.
- Create solid implementations and write clear, maintainable code and design documents for Android or iOS.
- Monitor the performance of the live apps and continuously improve them on both code and experience levels.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- 3+ years of experience in developing native Android or iOS Applications
- Experience in API design, SDK architecture, and mobile software lifecycle development practices
- Experience in developing application programming interfaces (APIs) to support mobile functionality
- Strong UX/UI design exposure and experience in making apps work
- Strong attention to detail on every line of code, every unit test, and every commit message
- Comfortable with rapid development cycles and tight schedules
What’s it for you?
- We will provide you a flexible working environment and the opportunity to develop your career.
- You can help build an amazing product in a company big enough for growth but lean enough to make a genuine impact.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day.