Internship - Business Development - Kuala Lumpur
Fave is one of Southeast Asia’s fastest growing start-ups. Having served tens of thousands of offline businesses and millions of consumers, Fave is now one of the leading mobile O2O platforms in the region.
With operations across the region including Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore, this is a rare opportunity for you to be part of a larger Southeast Asian story. At Fave, we believe that small and medium businesses are the backbone of the economy and we have made it our mission to help offline businesses across SEA to go and grow online.
Hustling in a fast-paced startup environment can be incredibly rewarding. At Fave, we make it all the more fun with offices designed for collaboration, productivity, and play. You get unlimited access to people (founders included), opportunities to learn, coffee, and WiFi – and we consider these the basic necessities! There’s also an office pool table, ping pong, PS4 console, FaveUp learning sessions featuring industry veterans, movie nights, and lots more!
If being a part of a digital revolution in the fastest-growing region in the world excites you, get in touch today!
As a Business Development Intern:
- This will be a full-time internship (duration between 3-6 months) with Fave’s Business Development team.
- Your job scope involves pre-sales and sales activities
- You will be engaging with merchants (cafes, restaurants, spas, etc) pitching over the phone and inviting them to join Fave platform
- Your job scope will mainly involve talking to businesses on the phone, setting appointments and invitations to Fave info sessions.
- Time to time you will get to go on-ground promotion at Fave partner locations, giving demos and training to Fave merchants’ service staff, and promoting Fave to new customers.
To be successful on this role:
- This role is perfect for those who love to be out and about, constantly engaging with people, and not afraid to get their hands dirty.
- You must be able communicate in a clear and engaging manner.
- Even better if you are fearless and bold when it comes to engaging with people.
- You must have grit and be very hard working.
- A can-do attitude is absolutely necessary.
- These qualities trump technical skills or grades.
- You must also be a self-regulating, independent person who is accountable, passionate, and able to collaborate effectively with others.
- Must have strong communication skills in English
- Proficiency in Chinese would be an added advantage
During your internship, you'll get:
- Attractive compensation, allowances and incentives.
- An opportunity to work with a team of trailblazers from various fields and gain valuable exposure that you won’t be able to find in a classroom.
- Experience a work culture that is open and feedback-driven that can help you develop real-world skills like project management and effective communication.
- Enjoy a trendy and open office that has a flat hierarchy, which means you can walk up to anyone for advice, feedback or to share ideas (Founders included!)
- Successful interns could be offered full-time positions.