Fave is the next generation Digital Merchant Platform that empowers offline merchants to grow and connect with their customers in a whole new way. Fave is on a mission to accelerate the offline world’s transition to the digital economy by putting growth at the centre of our merchants, our customers, our people and our partners because growth is good for everyone.
Fave connects merchants and consumers to deliver seamless payment experience and merchant rewards. It serves as a payment aggregator for the most popular cards and e-wallets (Grab, OVO). Integrated with other strategic partners Fave offer merchants more value add and more customer exposure through marketing, data, financing and operations. Merchants can now focus on what they do best for their customers; because everything else is taken care of.
Hustling in a fast-paced startup environment can be incredibly rewarding. At Fave, we make it all the more fun with offices designed for collaboration, productivity, and play. You get unlimited access to people (founders included), opportunities to learn, coffee, and WiFi – and we consider these the basic necessities! There’s also an office indoor mini golf course, ping pong, electronic scoreboard arcade basketball game, cool pantry, FaveUp learning sessions featuring industry veterans, movie nights, and lots more!
As the IT Executive, you are the go-to person for Fave internal hardware and software needs. You provide the first line of support to ensure your team members can be efficient and effective. You troubleshoot, respond to requests and find solutions to technical challenges.
You work with external vendors and manage access control list for internal use. You are comfortable and love working with different devices and technologies.
As IT Executive, you will:
- Manage accounts and access control for internal and external services.
- Collaborate with vendors for software and hardware maintenance.
- The first line of support for technical related issues and requests.
- Manage and implement IT and Security policies and procedures.
- Plan and recommend new technology initiatives to improve internal efficiencies.
To be successful on this role, you need:
- Experience in setting up and troubleshooting Linux, MacOS, Windows, Google Suite, networking, mobile, video conferencing, or voice technologies.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure.
- Excellent communication, organisational, and multitasking skills.
- Passion for new technologies.
- Experience in technical writing, product documentation, online publishing, or technical blogging is an advantage.