Head of Mobile Engineering
The Fave Group is one of South East Asia’s fastest growing startups. What started out as the award-winning fitness sharing platform KFit in 2015, has since expanded into a multi-category O2O platform. Today, the Fave Group consists of Fave, KFit, Groupon Indonesia (acquired in June 2016), Groupon Malaysia (acquired in November 2016), and Groupon Singapore (acquired in February 2017).
With operations across the region including Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Manila, being a part of the Fave Group means you get to be part of a larger Southeast Asian story. It is our mission to help local businesses across SEA grow and adopt technology in digital payments, e-commerce and mobile, with the aim of leading O2O local commerce in the region.
Hustling in a fast-paced startup environment can be incredibly rewarding. At Fave, we make it all the more fun with an office designed for collaboration, productivity, and play. You get unlimited access to people (founders included), opportunities to learn, coffee, and WiFi – and we consider these the basic necessities! There’s also an office pool table, ping pong, Wii console, Fave Up learning sessions featuring industry veterans, movie nights, and lots more.
If being a part of a digital revolution in the fastest-growing region in the world excites you, get in touch today!
- Lead a team in developing our lifestyle mobile application
- Provide technical architecture and vision for our mobile application platform.
- Elaborate stakeholders’ requirements to determine the corresponding solutions.
- Produce appropriate project artefacts that may include high level architecture designs, detail level design, work estimates, and quality software
- Mentor other members of the team on the best practices on the mobile application, and conduct internal learning sessions to help team members develop the necessary skills in mobile application development
- Take overall accountability for the outcomes of multiple mobile platform design processes (design, costing, risk mitigation, proposal, sign-off)
- Develop skills and capabilities of the solutions of design engineers, work with operations managers to identify growth opportunities, and leverage our core capabilities.
- Serve as a technical leader on teams with clients, designers, project managers, and developers
- Proven ability to Architect, Build and Maintain high-performance and scalable Mobile Apps.
- Rapidly iterate on platform features and develop elegant solutions / API Implementations
- Five or more years of hands-on mobile app development (Android, iOS, J2ME, Symbian)
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills
- Proven ability to advise and manage large scale and complex transactional mobile apps, solutions and operations from a technical perspective.
- Understanding of various development methodologies like AGILE, Waterfall etc.
- Must have experience in Service Oriented Architecture implementations.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile technology stack, development life cycle, with extensive experience on performance and bandwidth optimization on large-scale, high-traffic platforms
- Familiar with agile programming techniques including pair programming, test driven equipment, and continuous integration.
- Comfortable with rapid development cycles and tight schedules
- Energetic self-starter, highly organized, motivated and enthusiastic team player
- Analytical thinking and high problem-solving skills.