Head of Engineering
Fave is the next generation Digital Merchant Platform that empowers offline merchants to grow and connect with their customers in a whole new way. Fave is on a mission to accelerate the offline world’s transition to the digital economy by putting growth at the centre of our merchants, our customers, our people and our partners because growth is good for everyone.
Fave connects merchants and consumers to deliver seamless payment experience and merchant rewards. It serves as a payment aggregator for the most popular cards and e-wallets (Grab, OVO). Integrated with other strategic partners Fave offer merchants more value add and more customer exposure through marketing, data, financing and operations. Merchants can now focus on what they do best for their customers; because everything else is taken care of.
Hustling in a fast-paced startup environment can be incredibly rewarding. At Fave, we make it all the more fun with offices designed for collaboration, productivity, and play. You get unlimited access to people (founders included), opportunities to learn, coffee, and WiFi – and we consider these the basic necessities! There’s also an office indoor mini golf course, ping pong, electronic scoreboard arcade basketball game, cool pantry, FaveUp learning sessions featuring industry veterans, movie nights, and lots more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
As a company, we are focused on growth. Therefore, opportunities to learn and grow constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you feel better are endless here in Fave. When you grow, we will grow with you.
About the Role
At Fave, we believe in the people. As a Head of Engineering, you are a strong technical leader with passion for growing the team members and improving others. You manage teams of engineers across various product and technology verticals. You empower and help the team leaders to be a better technical leader, yet you are not afraid to get your hands dirty to achieve the goals.
People, Product, and Technology are your main playground. You are accountable to deliver high-quality results with agility, efficiency, and decisiveness.
- Experience in managing Software Engineering teams.
- Experience in building a large scale system.
- Proven track records of mentoring and coaching engineers.
- Demonstrated people management and leadership skills.
- Experience in managing Software Engineering teams larger than 50 engineers.
- Experience in payment and loyalty space.
- Excellent communication and decision making skills.
- Coach and mentor team leaders to be great engineering managers.
- Scale up the engineering team through internal development and recruiting high potential engineers to support development needs.
- Develop teams by identifying skill gaps and providing training and resources as required.
- Manage day to day activities of engineering teams as well as provide technical direction and resources for software development activities.
- Build processes and frameworks to support development agility with high-quality technical deliveries.