Site Reliability Engineer (Infrastructure)
We are making cashless rewarding for consumers and merchants in the Southeast Asia region. We are not just another tech startup. We survived the first year, pivoted our business in the second year, and recently raised USD 20 million Series B, and now we want you to join our engineering team expansion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
As a company, we are focusing on growth. You would use us as a vehicle for you to grow. When you grow, we will grow with you.
We are looking for Infrastructure Engineer who will be responsible for the stable operation of the core Fave systems.
Our team is working on Ruby and Elixir for our backend applications, React.js for frontend and Swift, Java and Kotlin for mobile. We run everything in AWS and GCP. Although our stack is not limited to these technologies, hope this overview gives you some understanding of the work that we do.
As Site Reliability Engineer (Infrastructure), you will:
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
To be successful on this role you need to have:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Python, Go or Rust.
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.