Country General Manager (Malaysia)
Fave is one of Southeast Asia’s fastest growing start-ups. Having served tens of thousands of offline businesses and millions of consumers, Fave is now one of the leading mobile O2O platforms in the region.
With operations across the region including Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore, this is a rare opportunity for you to be part of a larger Southeast Asian story. At Fave, we believe that small and medium businesses are the backbone of the economy and we have made it our mission to help offline businesses across SEA to go and grow online.
Hustling in a fast paced start-up environment can be incredibly rewarding. At Fave, we make it all the more fun with offices designed for collaboration, productivity, and play. FaveUp learning sessions featuring industry veterans, movie nights, and lots more!
If being a part of a digital revolution in the fastest-growing region in the world excites you, get in touch today!
This role is based out of our headquarters in Malaysia, where you will lead Malaysia business together with our driven, fun and diverse team and leaders in Malaysia.
As Country General Manager for Malaysia, you will:
- Drive and lead the overall business strategies to further grow and scale the business and market leadership for Fave in Malaysia.
- Work closely with the regional team to strategically build the company’s brand and success across the region.
- Oversee the day-to-day business operations, own and be fully responsible for the country’s P&L.
- Manage the budget and resources needed for marketing and people related priorities.
- Build up the company by attracting, recruiting, and developing talents.
- Communicate and embody the company’s vision and values.
- Provide inspirational leadership at all levels of the organization and empower the local team to achieve overall company’s goals.
- Build and maintain good business relationships with stakeholders.
To be successful in this role, it’s important to have:-
- Able to work and lead teams within a fast growth environment and culture.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the local businesses, market and industry in Malaysia.
- Previous experience in managing P&L and scaling up a start-up/business.
- Extensive experience in senior stakeholder management, preferably in start-up industry.
- Proven sales, operational and technical track record.
- Strong business sense and ability to articulate and plan complex analysis to a wide range of audiences.
- Translating and execute business insights into actionable business plans and strategies to drive desired business results.
- Entrepreneur mindset with hands-on and a can-do attitude.
- Ability to see big picture and good with details at the same time.
- Drive and hunger to achieve results Independent, self-starter and initiatives.
- Strong leadership with excellent influencing, communication and presentation skills.