Engineering - Developer Experience (DX)
Fave is one of Southeast Asia’s fastest growing start-ups. Having served tens of thousands of offline businesses and millions of consumers, Fave is now one of the leading mobile O2O platforms in the region.
With operations across the region including Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore, this is a rare opportunity for you to be part of a larger Southeast Asian story. At Fave, we believe that small and medium businesses are the backbone of the economy and we have made it our mission to help offline businesses across SEA to go and grow online.
Hustling in a fast-paced startup environment can be incredibly rewarding. At Fave, we make it all the more fun with offices designed for collaboration, productivity, and play. You get unlimited access to people (founders included), opportunities to learn, coffee, and WiFi – and we consider these the basic necessities! There’s also an office pool table, ping pong, PS4 console, FaveUp learning sessions featuring industry veterans, movie nights, and lots more!
As a Developer Experience (DX) Engineer at Fave, you will be working closely with all other engineering teams to understand their development needs. You will be focusing on creative and innovative solutions to help team develop and ship code in better ways. To provide guidance to the Engineering team, you will be looking for latest trends in tools and other practices.
As a Developer Experience (DX) Engineer, you will:
- Support development teams to understand what information they need to accelerate processes or design solutions.
- Create and update tools used in the build and release pipeline.
- Evaluate new technologies & techniques to improve overall practices.
- Refine engineering practices, standards, and tooling.
- Maintain day to day operations of Production and Staging environments.
- Drive automation and reliability at all levels.
To be successful in this role, it’s important to have the following skills:
- Experienced in designing, building and managing large scale infrastructure in AWS, including one or more configuration management tools for automation provisioning (Ansible).
- Familiarity with Lambda, IAM, CloudFront, EC2, RDS.
- Familiar with Linux & MacOS as development environments
- Preferably familiar with Ruby on Rails & Elixir + Phoenix Framework & PWA
- Experience with coding in Python, Ruby, Bash, Nodejs.
- Experience with PostgreSQL Databases