Head of Data Science - KL
The Fave Group is one of South East Asia’s fastest growing startups. What started out as the award-winning fitness sharing platform KFit in 2015, has since expanded into a multi-category O2O platform. Today, the Fave Group consists of Fave, KFit, Groupon Indonesia (acquired in June 2016), Groupon Malaysia (acquired in November 2016), and Groupon Singapore (acquired in February 2017).
With operations across the region including Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Manila, being a part of the Fave Group means you get to be part of a larger Southeast Asian story. It is our mission to help local businesses across SEA grow and adopt technology in digital payments, e-commerce and mobile, with the aim of leading O2O local commerce in the region.
Hustling in a fast-paced startup environment can be incredibly rewarding. At Fave, we make it all the more fun with an office designed for collaboration, productivity, and play. You get unlimited access to people (founders included), opportunities to learn, coffee, and WiFi – and we consider these the basic necessities! There’s also an office pool table, ping pong, Wii console, Fave Up learning sessions featuring industry veterans, movie nights, and lots more.
If being a part of a digital revolution in the fastest-growing region in the world excites you, get in touch today!
- Manage the data team, which is comprised of three functions: Business Intelligence, Datawarehousing, Data Science.
- Business Intelligence: Manage the BI platform and ensure accurate reporting.
- Datawarehousing: Manage the datawarehouse and all our data integration efforts.
- Data Science: Manage certain data-driven applications/services and investigative modeling.
- Work with senior leadership on strategic questions.
- Work with all parts of the company to ensure our decisions and processes are data-driven.
- Provide leadership and a plan for scaling our data team and the infrastructure.
- Helping to streamline the collection and analysis of data from across multiple data touch points.
- Work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, and prioritize the work across your team in order to support the broader business initiatives
- Deep expertise in creation and management of datasets and the proven ability to translate the data into meaningful insights.
- Proven leadership running teams of data scientists, analysts, engineers
- Effective storytelling - able to present complex subjects clearly and coherently to non-domain experts
- Good knowledge in stochastic modelling, assignment, queuing systems, forecasting, scheduling, simulation, optimization, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or related technical field. Ideal candidate would have Ph.D and have 2 years post-doc in research.
- 10+ years of work experience in data analysis, applied statistics or econometrics.
- Proficient in traditional and no-sql database systems; programming languages like R, Matlab, Python;Excellent problem solving skills and ability to break down complexity.
- Knowledge in Machine Learning techniqueStrong sense of ownership with a track record of delivering quality projects .