Engineering - Back-End Engineer
Fave is one of Southeast Asia’s fastest growing start-ups. Having served tens of thousands of offline businesses and millions of consumers, Fave is now one of the leading mobile O2O platforms in the region.
With operations across the region including Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore, this is a rare opportunity for you to be part of a larger Southeast Asian story. At Fave, we believe that small and medium businesses are the backbone of the economy and we have made it our mission to help offline businesses across SEA to go and grow online.
Hustling in a fast-paced startup environment can be incredibly rewarding. At Fave, we make it all the more fun with offices designed for collaboration, productivity, and play. You get unlimited access to people (founders included), opportunities to learn, coffee, and WiFi – and we consider these the basic necessities! There’s also an office pool table, ping pong, PS4 console, FaveUp learning sessions featuring industry veterans, movie nights, and lots more!
If being a part of a digital revolution in the fastest-growing region in the world excites you, get in touch today!
As a Back-End Engineer, you will:
- Develop back end code, Restful APIs and web applications
- Perform peer code reviews to optimize code quality or readability
- Deliver reliable solutions that handle massive data and high traffic.
- Research & learn new technologies and work towards solving problems and meeting requirements.
- Contribute on weekly learning / training sessions.
To be successful in this role, it’s important to have the following skills:
- Comfortable in using git
- Unit testing
- Good understanding of OOP, SOLID principle and Design Patterns
- Writing good, clean and readable code
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Ruby on Rails.
- Experience and knowledge of open source tools & frameworks, broader cutting edge technologies around server side development.
- Excellent data structure & algorithm and problem solving skills.
Bonus if you have:
Knowledge in web front-end technologies, Restful APIs and React Native.
Contributed to developer communities like Stackoverflow, Topcoder, Github
Prior startup experience