Engineering - Back-End Engineer
Welcome to Fave. We are here to help local businesses to succeed and help everyone to live better, eat better. We are one of the fastest growing startups in South-east Asia. We started in 2015 as a fitness platform. We acquired three large lifestyle businesses in Malaysia, Singapore, and Indonesia. Now we are scaling it up like nobody business.
As a Back-End Engineer at Fave, you will help us design cutting edge scalable products to meet our rapidly growing business. We are looking for someone who cares a lot about their craft. Someone who understands the impact of their work on the users.
Your work is not limited to the end users. Your work impacts the livelihood of local businesses. With you, we can help them to grow their business.
As a Back-End Engineer, you will:
- Develop back end code, Restful APIs and web applications
- Perform peer code reviews to optimize code quality or readability
- Deliver reliable solutions that handle massive data and high traffic.
- Research & learn new technologies and work towards solving problems and meeting requirements.
- Contribute on weekly learning / training sessions.
To be successful in this role, it’s important to have the following skills:
- Comfortable in using git
- Unit testing
- Good understanding of OOP, SOLID principle and Design Patterns
- Writing good, clean and readable code
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Ruby on Rails.
- Experience and knowledge of open source tools & frameworks, broader cutting edge technologies around server side development.
- Excellent data structure & algorithm and problem solving skills.
Bonus if you have:
Knowledge in web front-end technologies, Restful APIs and React Native.
Contributed to developer communities like Stackoverflow, Topcoder, Github
Prior startup experience