Engineering - Back-End Engineer
We are making cashless rewarding for consumers and merchants in the Southeast Asia region. We are not just another tech startup. We survived the first year, pivoted our business in the second year, and recently raised USD 20 million Series B, and now we want you to join our engineering team expansion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
As a company, we are focusing on growth. You would use us as a vehicle for you to grow. When you grow, we will grow with you.
Our team is working on Ruby and Elixir for our backend applications, React.js for frontend and Swift, Java and Kotlin for mobile. We run everything in AWS and GCP. Although our stack is not limited to these technologies, hope this overview gives you some understanding of the work that we do.
As a Back-End Engineer, you will:
- Develop back end code, Restful APIs and web applications
- Perform peer code reviews to optimize code quality or readability
- Deliver reliable solutions that handle massive data and high traffic.
- Research & learn new technologies and work towards solving problems and meeting requirements.
- Contribute on weekly learning / training sessions.
To be successful in this role, it’s important to have the following skills:
- Comfortable in using git
- Unit testing
- Good understanding of OOP, SOLID principle and Design Patterns
- Writing good, clean and readable code
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Ruby on Rails, Elixir or Golang
- Experience and knowledge of open source tools & frameworks, broader cutting edge technologies around server side development.
- Excellent data structure & algorithm and problem solving skills.
Bonus if you have:
Knowledge in web front-end technologies, Restful APIs and React Native.
Contributed to developer communities like Stackoverflow, Topcoder, Github
Prior startup experience