Engineering - Data Engineer - KL
The Fave Group is one of South East Asia’s fastest growing startups. What started out as the award-winning fitness sharing platform KFit in 2015, has since expanded into a multi-category O2O platform. Today, the Fave Group consists of Fave, KFit, Groupon Indonesia (acquired in June 2016), Groupon Malaysia (acquired in November 2016), and Groupon Singapore (acquired in February 2017).
With operations across the region including Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Manila, being a part of the Fave Group means you get to be part of a larger Southeast Asian story. It is our mission to help local businesses across SEA grow and adopt technology in digital payments, e-commerce and mobile, with the aim of leading O2O local commerce in the region.
Hustling in a fast-paced startup environment can be incredibly rewarding. At Fave, we make it all the more fun with an office designed for collaboration, productivity, and play. You get unlimited access to people (founders included), opportunities to learn, coffee, and WiFi – and we consider these the basic necessities! There’s also an office pool table, ping pong, Wii console, Fave Up learning sessions featuring industry veterans, movie nights, and lots more.
If being a part of a digital revolution in the fastest-growing region in the world excites you, get in touch today!
- You Will:
- Design and support the database and table schemas for new and evolving sources of data
- Monitor and troubleshoot data issues on data warehouse servers
- Be responsible for dimensional design as we load new areas of business into the data warehouse
- Design and support the analysis services cubes to help with analytics
- Diagnose and resolve data warehouse ETL processes, data flows and business logic failures
- Provide technical expertise and advice to business areas to help them smoothly transition manual reports and applications to the BI environment
- Guide business areas in identifying new data needs and delivery mechanisms for reporting information
- Establish documentation of reports and data definitions
- Experience with detailed knowledge of data warehouse technical architectures, ETL/ ELT, reporting/analytic tools, and data security.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or relevant work experience.
- Solid knowledge of SQL Server Relational Database development and performance tuning skills on very large scale
- Proficiency in building frameworks and solid API design skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills with a solid understanding of testing practices.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent cross group collaboration skills.
- Experience developing services using the DevOps model.
- Can do / positive attitude.