Head of Product Management
Fave is one of Southeast Asia’s fastest growing start-ups. Having served tens of thousands of offline businesses and millions of consumers, Fave is now one of the leading mobile O2O platforms in the region.
With operations across the region including Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore, this is a rare opportunity for you to be part of a larger Southeast Asian story. At Fave, we believe that small and medium businesses are the backbone of the economy and we have made it our mission to help offline businesses across SEA to go and grow online.
Hustling in a fast-paced startup environment can be incredibly rewarding. At Fave, we make it all the more fun with offices designed for collaboration, productivity, and play. You get unlimited access to people (founders included), opportunities to learn, coffee, and WiFi – and we consider these the basic necessities! There’s also an office pool table, ping pong, PS4 console, FaveUp learning sessions featuring industry veterans, movie nights, and lots more!
If being a part of a digital revolution in the fastest-growing region in the world excites you, get in touch today!
This role is based out of our headquarters in Kuala Lumpur, where you will work with fun, driven, and diverse teams of engineers, designers, product managers(and even sales and marketing folks).
- Lead overall strategy of Fave products: FaveBiz merchant platform, Fave consumer platform, internal tools.
- Align and energize key stakeholders and team members towards product vision
- Define detailed product roadmaps based on the product strategy, drive the alignment of key product releases, and adjust the vision as needed based on key metrics, market forces, and revenue goals
- Follow industry trends, competitors, and anticipate future market changes to keep Fave at the forefront of the search space
- Build, manage, and motivate efficient and innovative Product Management team to meet and exceed organization and departmental goals and objectives
- Work with the team of product managers to develop tools and products from end to end – writing specs, managing project execution, UI/UX wireframing, and defining product roll-out strategy.
- Work closely with leadership, operations, and business teams to identify key product requirements and challenges; then with engineering, design, and marketing teams to plan, build and roll out amazing, easy-to-use products that partners will love.
- Review and translate qualitative and quantitative data on usage patterns to identify new product insights and areas of improvement.
- Work with our regional teams to localise and adapt our product to ensure its success in local markets.
- 7+ years of Product Management experience, with 5+ years of growing, managing and inspiring a team to greatness
- Proven track record of delivering highly scalable products: mobile payments, mobile e-commerce, and / or enterprise software.
- Storytelling. You’re good at presenting to large groups, convincing people to run towards goals, and managing multiple stakeholders - even when they don’t report to you.
- Tremendous empathy for end users(business owners and staff, in this case), combined with a passion to understand the challenges they face and what makes them tick. This may include getting your hands dirty and occasionally talking directly to partners and staff.
- You practice design thinking and understand the balance of a more empathetic, flexible and iterative approach to product development.
- You can stand behind design decisions that focus on finding out the right ideas alongside the business focus for growth.
- You understand that brand presence, identity, and voice is just as important as the product itself.
- Must be data and metrics-informed, and have an ability to tie product activities to metrics, such as customer adoption, product usage, or revenue, that help move the business forward. We strongly believe that you can’t improve what you can’t measure.
- Discipline, focus, and the ability to deliver on tight deadlines. We’re an ambitious, fast-growing startup, so business demands are often fluid.
- Attention to detail, and a desire to build stable and easy-to-use products. Even if it’s a beta feature, you’re responsible for the bugs your team creates.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, and strong command over the English language.