Product Manager, Consumer
At Fave, we focus on making cashless payments rewarding to millions of users across South East Asia. Our Consumer Product team is responsible for building the best customer experience for users to discover deals, pay seamlessly, and earn rewards.
Fave is one of Southeast Asia’s fastest growing start-ups. Having served tens of thousands of offline businesses and millions of consumers, Fave is now one of the leading mobile O2O platforms in the region.
With operations across the region including Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore, this is a rare opportunity for you to be part of a larger Southeast Asian story. At Fave, we believe that small and medium businesses are the backbone of the economy and we have made it our mission to help offline businesses across SEA to go and grow online.
Hustling in a fast-paced startup environment can be incredibly rewarding. At Fave, we make it all the more fun with offices designed for collaboration, productivity, and play. You get unlimited access to people(founders included), opportunities to learn, coffee, and WiFi – and we consider these the basic necessities! There’s also an office pool table, ping pong, PS4 console, FaveUp learning sessions featuring industry veterans, movie nights, and lots more!
This role is based out of our headquarters in Kuala Lumpur, where you will work with fun, driven, and diverse teams of engineers, designers, product managers(and even sales and marketing folks).
As a Product Manager for the Consumer team. You will:
- Be the product owner to grow new customers for our FavePay and FaveDeal products in Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia.
- Collaborate with engineering, design, marketing, CRM teams to define an ambitious strategy for customer acquisition and activation, maintain a prioritized product backlog, and execute on delivering a great experience for users.
- Drive multi-platform product initiatives on both our app and web platforms. Web initiatives will include a roadmap on driving organic traffic as a lever for customer growth.
- Define features, write PRDs, user stories, create wireframes, prototypes, work closely with QA on releases.
- Collect and analyze data, user feedback, and market research, and use that to inform product development.
To be successful in this role, it’s important to have the following skills:
- Bachelor’s degree, and 3+ years of product management experience. Prior experience with consumer mobile and web apps,e-commerce, and product design is a plus.
- Tremendous empathy for end users(consumers in our case!), combined with a passion to understand the challenges they face and what makes them tick.
- Business view - build user-first products that will drive our business metrics.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to plan and prioritise product features to drive high impact projects
- Humility and willingness to learn and grow
- Discipline, focus, and the ability to deliver on tight deadlines. We’re an ambitious, fast-growing startup, so business demands are often fluid. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but hey, if you're game for this, we can be your Fave-ourite company!
- A passion for making data-driven decisions. We strongly believe that you can’t improve what you can’t measure
- Attention to detail, and a desire to build stable and easy-to-use products. Even if it’s a beta feature, you’re responsible for the bugs your team creates
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, and strong command over the English language