Head of UI/UX and Design
Fave is one of Southeast Asia’s fastest growing start-ups. Having served tens of thousands of offline businesses and millions of consumers, Fave is now one of the leading mobile O2O platforms in the region.
With operations across the region including Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore, this is a rare opportunity for you to be part of a larger Southeast Asian story. At Fave, we believe that small and medium businesses are the backbone of the economy and we have made it our mission to help offline businesses across SEA to go and grow online.
We are seeking a Head of UI/UX & Design to lead our design team consists of UI/UX and Creative design team.
As the Head of UX/UI and Design, you will be a senior leader who will lead a complete re-invention of our end to end user design philosophy and make design thinking a core part of the DNA across the company. From brainstorming through implementation, the ideal individual will closely partner with members of product management, engineering, operations and marketing teams. The person will be responsible for the process that creates intuitive and impactful end-to-end experiences that our users will love.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, the Head of User Experience & Design must be able to successfully execute each of the following duties:
· As the head of UX/UI, there is a responsibility to create a design vision that the whole team can use as their north star in the performance of their duties. In this capacity person articulates the teams’ vision for consumer engagement through the execution of user centric product.
· Due to the evolving customer expectations, this leader must constantly amend and communicate the vision in order to deliver again the next design paradigm in the customer experience.
· Openly communicates with key stakeholders and operational groups to understand business needs.
· Stay current on industry trends, landscape changes, and competitor moves in order to surface new potential partnership opportunities to consider.
· Share a design vision that continues raising the bar and pushes for new perspectives and approaches.
Delivery & Execution:
· Lead the UI/UX team and creative designers. Be responsible for all designs and flows that maintains the highest quality and ensures all touch reinforce Fave’s brand character, voice, look and feel.
· Reviews recommended designs and work of UX team members to ensure that designs are aligned with company, stakeholder, and end user priorities.
· Collaborate with product and engineering leads to determine product design, features, and functionality for our products.
· Work closely with Marketing and Operations to create visual stunning and creative content.
· Assign designers to products and projects that maximize their skills and growth potential while delivering increased business value.
· Prioritize and focus design capacity on the most critical customer and business problems.
· Provides leadership, mentoring, and coaching to UI/UX team and design professionals.
· Recruiting, mentoring and nurturing a high engaged and passionate design organization.
· Championing and promoting design thinking, research and processes within a fast-paced environment.
· Drives continuously improving our methods and techniques.
· Fosters collaboration with team members (Engineering, Product Management, etc.) to drive value and identify and resolve impediments.
· Advocates for the end user (customer) and stakeholder by becoming associated with the product, empathizing with and understanding user needs.
· Participates in and contributes to learning activities around modern software design and development core practices and ensuring common standards.
Education and Experience required for the role:
- A degree in Graphic Design and Multimedia, Digital Design or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in leading, growing, and mentoring talented designers across different disciplines (UI/ UX, Visual, Graphic Design)
- An online portfolio of work samples demonstrating a range of artifacts developed in creating a variety of stunning user-centred design solutions.
- Proficiency with common design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite etc.
- Experience creating style guides, pattern libraries, and other design solutions that drive design across organizations.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and delegate work, instil best practices, and inspire a team to launch productive, intuitive product design through applying a user-centred design approach, brainstorming concepts, conducting user research and rapid prototyping.
- Strong collaboration and cross functional partnership skills; ability to influence key stakeholders (design, product, engineering and leadership team members alike)