Engineering Team Lead
Fave is the next generation Digital Merchant Platform that empowers offline merchants to grow and connect with their customers in a whole new way. Fave is on a mission to accelerate the offline world’s transition to the digital economy by putting growth at the centre of our merchants, our customers, our people and our partners because growth is good for everyone.
Fave connects merchants and consumers to deliver seamless payment experience and merchant rewards. It serves as a payment aggregator for the most popular cards and e-wallets (Grab, OVO). Integrated with other strategic partners Fave offer merchants more value add and more customer exposure through marketing, data, financing and operations. Merchants can now focus on what they do best for their customers; because everything else is taken care of.
Hustling in a fast-paced startup environment can be incredibly rewarding. At Fave, we make it all the more fun with offices designed for collaboration, productivity, and play. You get unlimited access to people (founders included), opportunities to learn, coffee, and WiFi – and we consider these the basic necessities! There’s also an office indoor mini golf course, ping pong, electronic scoreboard arcade basketball game, cool pantry, FaveUp learning sessions featuring industry veterans, movie nights, and lots more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
As a company, we are focused on growth. Therefore, opportunities to learn and grow constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you feel better are endless here in Fave. When you grow, we will grow with you.
Requirements for the role:
- A proven track record of success in leading software development teams — strong technical mentorship is a must.
- A commitment and drive for quality, technical excellence and results.
- A passion for growing development teams and improving others.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and database system, or the desire to learn them quickly.
- Knowledgeable of various Agile Framework.
- A past history of building and shipping innovative products and features as a backend software engineer.
- Experience in the e-commerce industry or with e-commerce products is an added bonus.
What's it for you?
- Lead a team of engineers that maintains Fave's internal Tools.
- Be a technical influencer across the company.
- Grow the Fave engineering team both through internal development and helping with external hiring.
- Performance Reviews for Direct Report software engineers.
- Design and build innovative features that are driven by web scale data.
- Collaborate with other Fave leaders, executives and external partners to provide the best commerce experience for our merchants and consumers.
If being a part of a digital revolution in the fastest-growing region in the world excites you, get in touch today!