VP of Engineering
Technology is playing an increasingly crucial role in the progress and success of businesses today, but building products for businesses can be one of the toughest things to do. They need to be incredibly easy to use and accessible to all, while still being powerful enough to help businesses grow. We’re on a mission to equip local businesses with the right tools and technology to help them succeed. So if you’re excited by the challenge of building highly usable products and scalable technology for local businesses of all sizes, let’s find a way to do it together.
Fave is Southeast Asia’s fastest-growing startup, with a web and mobile platform that is home to over 3000 partners(and counting). With the recent acquisition of Groupon in Malaysia, Singapore, and Indonesia, Fave is at the forefront of the fast-growing local commerce revolution in the region, and is also making a strong foray into the mobile payments space. We’re looking for a dynamic, empathetic product thinker who can help local businesses run and grow– because helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
This role is based out of our headquarters in Kuala Lumpur, where you will work with fun, driven, and diverse teams of engineers, designers, product managers.(Remote employment not considered)
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineers and collaborating with product managers, analysts, external partners and other specialists to deliver continuous value
- Manage multiple teams of software engineers responsible for delivering mobile and web solutions and services in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborate effectively with the cross functional team of Product Managers, Test Engineers and Partnerships, Operations, Data Science, Marketing, etc.
- Foster a high performance culture by mentoring, developing, and supporting individuals, teams and processes.
- Set clear goals for individuals and teams to drive collaborative results.
- Understand scheduling, cost and other constraints; and make resource and architectural trade-offs based on those factors.
- Serve as a group-wide advocate for quality coding and best practices in an iterative, agile manner.
- Anticipate and prevent problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Present technical issues and their impact to management.
- 10+ years of software development experience, including 5+ years of experience managing software developers.
- Proven track record of delivering highly scalable platforms: mobile payments, consumer, and enterprise software.
- Must have experience in planning, architecting and delivering large and complex systems and solutions.
- Expert skill level in one or more object oriented programming languages; Ruby is strongly preferred.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to complete long-term projects, and prioritize competing or conflicting requests.
- Familiar with AWS and/or other cloud platforms.
- Demonstrate knowledge of information security and its role in web and mobile applications.
- Experience working in an agile environment and enthusiasm for pair programming
- Strong project management skills.