Engineering - Senior Back-End Engineer
Fave is the next generation Digital Merchant Platform that empowers offline merchants to grow and connect with their customers in a whole new way. Fave is on a mission to accelerate the offline world’s transition to the digital economy by putting growth at the centre of our merchants, our customers, our people and our partners because growth is good for everyone.
Fave connects merchants and consumers to deliver seamless payment experience and merchant rewards. It serves as a payment aggregator for the most popular cards and e-wallets (Grab, OVO). Integrated with other strategic partners Fave offer merchants more value add and more customer exposure through marketing, data, financing and operations. Merchants can now focus on what they do best for their customers; because everything else is taken care of.
Hustling in a fast-paced startup environment can be incredibly rewarding. At Fave, we make it all the more fun with offices designed for collaboration, productivity, and play. You get unlimited access to people (founders included), opportunities to learn, coffee, and WiFi – and we consider these the basic necessities! There’s also an office indoor mini golf course, ping pong, electronic scoreboard arcade basketball game, cool pantry, FaveUp learning sessions featuring industry veterans, movie nights, and lots more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
As a company, we are focused on growth. Therefore, opportunities to learn and grow constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you feel better are endless here in Fave. When you grow, we will grow with you.
Requirements for the role:
- At least 4 years experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Experience in Back-end Development
- Good understanding of OOP, SOLID principles and design patterns
- Good understanding of Git
- Comfortable with relational and non relational databases (we mostly use Postgres and Elasticsearch)
- Very comfortable in Unit Testing
- Experience with MVC frameworks
- Fave changes fast. This year alone we released a couple of features, and we need people who work here to be able to change and learn fast too.
- Write efficient, clean, readable and well tested code
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly explain complex technical concepts/issues to various team members
- Experience with Cloud Providers (AWS, Google Cloud) is a plus but not required
- Experience in various style of Agile Frameworks/Methodology
What’s it for you?
- Develop back-end code, RESTful APIs and web applications
- Perform peer code reviews to optimize code quality or readability
- Deliver reliable solutions that handle massive data and high traffic
If being a part of a digital revolution in the fastest-growing region in the world excites you, get in touch today!