Front End Engineer
Fave is the next generation Digital Merchant Platform that empowers offline merchants to grow and connect with their customers in a whole new way. Fave is on a mission to accelerate the offline world’s transition to the digital economy by putting growth at the centre of our merchants, our customers, our people and our partners because growth is good for everyone.
Fave connects merchants and consumers to deliver seamless payment experience and merchant rewards. It serves as a payment aggregator for the most popular cards and e-wallets (Grab, OVO). Integrated with other strategic partners Fave offer merchants more value add and more customer exposure through marketing, data, financing and operations. Merchants can now focus on what they do best for their customers; because everything else is taken care of.
Hustling in a fast-paced startup environment can be incredibly rewarding. At Fave, we make it all the more fun with offices designed for collaboration, productivity, and play. You get unlimited access to people (founders included), opportunities to learn, coffee, and WiFi – and we consider these the basic necessities! There’s also an office indoor mini golf course, ping pong, electronic scoreboard arcade basketball game, cool pantry, FaveUp learning sessions featuring industry veterans, movie nights, and lots more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
As a company, we are focused on growth. Therefore, opportunities to learn and grow constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you feel better are endless here in Fave. When you grow, we will grow with you.
Engineering at Fave
- We build new features on top of a modern stack, consisting of web apps (in a mix of Ruby on Rails, Elixir & React) communicating through APIs to Ruby services, backed by databases and Kafka topics and Elasticsearch, all deployed using ArgoCD in a continuous delivery cycle to AWS.
- You don’t need to have experience in any of our specific technologies: we’re great at teaching good engineers how to use our modern SaaS stack.
- We don't follow rigid Scrum or Kanban, but we do work in an agile, iterative way, and try to continuously improve and implement what works for us.
- We deploy changes to production regularly.
As a Front End Engineer, you will:-
- Command the CSS monster. Magically turn Sketch design into beautiful web layout.
- Build a frictionless web to convert users. You should make all different browsers and platforms obey your command.
- React fast with React. We work with various technologies, but our front end is mainly on React. You can pick it up easily.
- Push our web technologies to the bleeding edge. You are not afraid to make our web PWA ready and make us look nice on Google Search with AMP.
- We don’t care about official or formal education. What we care about is your ability to handle your work.
- Show us how you conquer the design. How you make the web a better and beautiful place.
- Tell us what you like. Tell us how you can make Fave better.
- Heck, it's even better if you can overwrite our CSS and change our layout on your browser and show us. Use the console, hack our layout. Embed extension to override our CSS. Do whatever it takes. Show us how good you are.
What’s it for you?
- We will provide you a flexible working environment and the opportunity to develop your career.
- You can help build an amazing product in a company big enough for growth but lean enough to make a genuine impact.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day.