Fraym – Analytics
Fraym uses powerful technology to produce comprehensive, high-resolution human geography data—servicing both the public and private sectors. We make it possible to understand populations and communities with local-level precision, across Africa and other emerging regions.
Before Fraym, decision-makers had to rely on anecdotes, “gut feel,” or expensive primary data collection to make important strategic and operational decisions. Fraym offers a better way. We weave together household survey data and satellite imagery with advanced machine learning algorithms. The resulting suite of products offer hyper-local population information for communities and populations. Fraym’s innovative data layer products are setting a new standard for the data that drives decision-making.
Summary of Position
Fraym is seeking several associate data analysts and data analysts to play a vital role in the mission of supporting decision-making in developing countries. As part of the Fraym Analytics Team, you will deliver tailored insights, craft impactful visualizations and stories from data, and collaborate across teams to generate or improve methodologies. The role is poised for significant career growth.
For success in this position, you will have a strong quantitative background, experience working with statistical packages (Stata or R), an ambitious mindset, and enthusiasm for connecting with Fraym’s global team. Preference will be given to applicants with knowledge of geospatial analysis or machine learning, working proficiency in French, and/or experience in emerging economies.
Your responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Working with large household survey datasets to expand, deepen, and refine the Fraym data platform.
- Applying data, communication, and inquiry skills to frame and address use cases in support of customized engagements for government agencies, development organizations, and commercial enterprises.
- Preparing analytical products, including presentations, briefings, and other materials.
- Contributing to the development of product offerings and capabilities such as machine learning applications, data subscription packages, and inventive data visualizations.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field, such as economics, statistics, international development, or public policy.
- One or two years of experience applying quantitative methods is preferred but not required.
- Training in statistical methods, econometrics, and/or geospatial analysis. Understanding how to apply quantitative skills to answer questions.
- Essential software skills: Stata or R for descriptive and econometric analysis of micro-data from household surveys. R, ArcGIS, or QGIS for production of polished maps. PowerPoint, Adobe Illustrator, Python, machine learning, or other software skills are a definite plus.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Eager to learn; bring creativity, confidence, and can-do attitude to problem-solving.
- Ability to advance discrete projects both independently and in coordination with others.
- Good attention to detail.
- French language skills preferred.
- Experience and interest in emerging markets across Africa and/or South and Southeast Asia.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including collaboration with a team and ability to interact with senior executives.
We would love to hear from you. Please submit a resume, cover letter, and sample Stata .do file or R script using the application page. For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Fraym offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a full benefit package, dedication to professional development, and a flexible work environment.
Fraym recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, family status, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.