Arlington, VA /
Fraym – Analytics /
Fraym is a geospatial data company that uses proprietary machine learning algorithms to deliver precise, local-level information about people in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. The company helps fast-growing companies, government agencies, and development organizations succeed in places where data has been traditionally hard to access. Fraym’s granular data adds an entirely new dimension to strategic and operational planning discussions, and answers questions like, ‘where are concentrations of my target beneficiaries?’, and ‘what services do they need?’.
Fraym is seeking several associate data analysts and data analysts to play a vital role in the mission of supporting decision-making in developing countries. As part of the Fraym Analytics Team, you will deliver tailored insights, craft impactful visualizations and stories from data, and collaborate across teams to generate or improve methodologies. The role is poised for significant career growth.
For success in this position, you will have a strong quantitative background, experience working with statistical packages (Stata or R), an ambitious mindset, and enthusiasm for connecting with Fraym’s global team. Preference will be given to applicants with knowledge of geospatial analysis or machine learning, working proficiency in French, and/or experience in emerging economies.
Your responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Working with large household survey datasets to expand, deepen, and refine the Fraym data platform.
- Applying data, communication, and inquiry skills to frame and address use cases in support of customized engagements for government agencies, development organizations, and commercial enterprises.
- Preparing analytical products, including presentations, briefings, and other materials.
- Contributing to the development of product offerings and capabilities such as machine learning applications, data subscription packages, and inventive data visualizations.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field, such as economics, statistics, international development, or public policy.
- One or two years of experience applying quantitative methods is preferred but not required.
- Training in statistical methods, econometrics, and/or geospatial analysis. Understanding how to apply quantitative skills to answer questions.
- Essential software skills: Stata or R for descriptive and econometric analysis of micro-data from household surveys. R, ArcGIS, or QGIS for production of polished maps. PowerPoint, Python, machine learning, or other software skills are a definite plus.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Eager to learn; bring creativity, confidence, and can-do attitude to problem-solving.
- Ability to advance discrete projects both independently and in coordination with others.
- Good attention to detail.
- Additional language skills are a definite plus, including French and Portuguese.
- Experience and interest in emerging markets across Africa, Latin America, Middle East, and/or South and Southeast Asia.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including collaboration with a team and ability to interact with senior executives.
- Previous experience or background in any of the following thematic areas is a definite plus: conflict and security, health, environment and climate, or agriculture.
Fraym recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, family status, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
Fraym offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a full benefit package, dedication to professional development, and a flexible work environment.
We would love to hear from you. Please submit a resume, cover letter, and sample Stata .do file or R script, and quantitative work sample (such as a polished map or analytical report).