Analyst (Data Production and Delivery)
Arlington, VA /
Fraym – Product Delivery /
Our company has pioneered the use of geospatial data to understand population dynamics. Governments and organizations around the world rely on Fraym data to make strategic and operational decisions while tackling challenges like inequity and insecurity, climate vulnerability, public health, and more. Our advanced AI/ML models are the first to generate high-resolution insights about human characteristics and behaviors at the sub-neighborhood level and make them commercially available at scale.
Summary of Position:
Fraym is seeking a data analyst to play a vital role in the mission of supporting decision-making. As part of the Fraym Data Production and Delivery team, you will support the end-to-end production and delivery of high-resolution geospatial data , using custom surveys, machine learning tools, and web applications. You will collaborate across teams to conduct learning experiments to generate or improve methodologies. The role is poised for significant career growth.
For success in this position, you need a strong research inclination, quantitative background, experience working with statistical packages (Stata or R), experience or interest in Python and SQL, attention to detail, an ambitious and collaborative mindset, and enthusiasm for continuous learning and improvement. Preference will be given to applicants with knowledge of geospatial analysis, survey design and analysis, language skills, and/or experience in emerging economies. You will report directly to a Project Manager (PM) on the Data Production and Delivery (DPD) team
1. Phone screening call with HR (30 mins.)
2. Culture and expectations interview with a PM or Director of DPD (1 hr.)
3. Data case / project at your availability (we ask you spend no more than 8 hours)
4. Presentation of data case to the team (1.5 – 2 hrs.)
You will have a range of responsibilities including the following:
· Perform contextual and data research on new and existing countries in the DPD team portfolio.
· Participate in designing mixed-methods surveys and work with survey vendors in deploying them.
· Work with survey data and apply Fraym’s machine learning models to generate geospatial datasets using R and Python scripts.
· Collaborate with other teams in contributing to the development of product offerings and capabilities, such as machine learning applications, data packages, inventive data visualizations, and learning experiments to improve our methods and approach.
· Participate in developing automated solutions to increase the efficiency and scalability of data production.
· Prepare presentations, briefings, and other materials for a broader audience including documentation on Git and Fraym’s Wiki.
· Manipulate geospatial data to work with DATAfraym® - Fraym’s online geospatial visualization and analytics dashboard - using Python scripts, SQL queries, and CSS objects.
· Perform DATAfraym demos for customers and field questions about Fraym products
· Support Go-To-Market, Analytics, and Data Science teams as necessary.
· Support junior colleagues with their tasks and serve as a good role model.
· Offer feedback to management on how the Team is being run.
· Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field, such as economics, geography, statistics, international development, or public policy with a strong technical background.
· Training in statistical methods, econometrics, and/or geospatial analysis.
· Stata, R, or Python for descriptive and econometric analysis of micro-data from surveys. R, ArcGIS, or QGIS for geospatial analysis.
· Experience applying quantitative methods for analysis (May include school projects).
· Excel, SQL, JS, CSS, AWS, machine learning, or other software skills are a definite plus.
· Experience with process automation / ability to think algorithmically about redundant processes
· Experience with survey design and methods. (May include school projects.)
· Understanding how to draw insights from data for technical and non-technical audiences.
· Eager to learn; bring creativity, confidence, and a can-do attitude to problem-solving.
· Ability to advance discrete projects both independently and in coordination with others.
· Good attention to detail.
· Language skills preferred.
· Experience and interest in emerging markets.
· Strong interpersonal skills, including collaboration with a team and ability to interact with senior executives .
· Great compensation package, including base salary, and annual performance bonus.
· Medical, dental, vision, and other ancillary benefits.
· Opportunities for significant career advancement in a fast-growing young company.
· Opportunity to contribute and build a company and team culture.
· Flexible paid time off.
· Flexible location and work environment.
Fraym recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, family status, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
Fraym offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a full benefit package, dedication to professional development, and a flexible work environment.
We would love to hear from you.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, 2 references, and a quantitative research project, or sample Stata .do file or R or Python script showing relevant technical skills using this link. For any questions, please contact email@example.com.