Arlington, VA /
Fraym – Data Science /
Fraym is a geospatial data company that uses proprietary machine learning algorithms to deliver precise, local-level information about people in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. The company helps fast-growing companies, government agencies, and development organizations succeed in places where data has been traditionally hard to access. Fraym’s granular data adds an entirely new dimension to strategic and operational planning discussions, and answers questions like, ‘where are concentrations of my target beneficiaries?’, and ‘what services do they need?’
Fraym is seeking a data architect to support data management and enable data science workflows at scale. Your contributions will support decisions made in emerging markets across commercial, international development, and intelligence sectors.
You will be part of team responsible for implementing Fraym’s new data management platform (DMP) and will play a critical role in scaling our existing solutions. You will be responsible for implementing core components of the DMP, managing data migration, and designing a roadmap for Fraym’s future data architecture.
You should have a strong background in data modeling and experience building cloud-based data systems and applications. We are looking for someone who can think of and implement creative solutions to managing diverse and messy data. Preference will be given to applicants with additional experience in designing APIs and/or building ETL pipelines.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Designing and building AWS-based data management systems that integrate household surveys, satellite imagery, and other spatial data
- Maintaining data infrastructure and improving data management practices
- Working with data scientists to outline data requirements for tools that simplify internal data discovery and analysis
- Collaborate with business development and client facing teams to expand external data delivery options
- Providing support for cloud processes and standards across the company
You will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field
- At least 2 years of data architecture and/or data engineering work; preference will be given to applicants with practical experience building and maintaining cloud-based data management systems
- Essential skills: Experience with databases, cloud computing environments (particularly AWS), and Python
- Enjoy advancing projects both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to quickly develop technical skills and learn new tools with minimal mentorship and supervision
- Desire to work for a mission-based company
Not sure you tick all the boxes? We encourage you to apply. We have a culture of learning, and if this job description sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you.
Fraym offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full benefits package.
Fraym recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, family status, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. For qualified applicants, Fraym also offers visa sponsorship of international candidates.
Interested? Please submit your application with a resume and short statement answering “Why Fraym.”
We will begin contacting applicants November 2nd.