Senior Full-stack Software Engineer
Fraym – Product Delivery /
Fraym is a geospatial data company that uses proprietary machine learning algorithms to deliver precise, community information about people in emerging economies. The company helps fast-growing companies, government agencies, and development organizations succeed in places where data has been traditionally hard to access. Fraym’s granular data adds an entirely new dimension to strategic and operational planning discussions, and answers questions like, ‘where are my target populations?’, and ‘what services do they need?’.
We are looking for a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer with a knack for quality design and usability and an interest in geospatial data to join our product development team.
You will have a range of responsibilities including the following:
- Evaluate internal and customer priorities to develop software-based solutions;
- Communicate with current and prospective users and stakeholders to understand evolving needs and customer concerns;
- Translate analytical outputs and data into relatable and actionable software and user interfaces;
- Contribute to building the roadmap of the product: GitHub issue creation, epic/sprint evaluation, backlog grooming, etc;
- Write maintainable code and offer PR reviews;
- Write unit and smoke tests for all portions of our applications;
- Identify usability issues and suggest improvements;
- Monitor and improve on internal systems and practices related to code workflow and peer review;
- Create markdown documents to help new engineers and developers get started with our tools and projects;
- Explore and build new product and data delivery tools and mechanisms to integrate into customer systems and workflows;
- Mentor team members on software engineering best practices;
- Support Go-to-Market and Project teams as required;
- Identify and automate software deployment processes.
- Experience working in a remote setting and across multiple time-zones – the Fraym team is internationally distributed;
- Fast learner, i.e.: you routinely pick up new languages or leverage frameworks;
- Ability to collaborate with external consultants;
- At least 8 years of experience building web-based software products;
- Self-motivated and independent but comfortable working with a diverse team;
- Persistent and with desire to solve both technical problems and learn deep business concepts;
- Good understanding of user-centered design principles and methodologies;
- Good understanding of data structures and geospatial concepts;
- Experience working with GIS technologies, e.g.: Mapbox GL JS, Carto, PostGIS, etc.;
- Experience with CSS frameworks like Bootstrap or Foundation;
- At least 5 years of working experience with mainstream frameworks such as Django, Spring MVC, or Ruby on Rails;
- Comfortable working with datasets stored within RDBMS and spreadsheets;
- At least 5 years of experience building UIs based on Angular 4 (and/or higher) or React.
- Interested in African and emerging market development work;
- Experience working in or with young, early-stage companies.
- Great compensation package, including base salary, and annual performance bonus;
- Medical, dental, vision, and other ancillary benefits;
- Opportunities for significant career advancement in a fast-growing young company;
- Opportunity to contribute and build a company and team culture;
- Flexible paid time off;
- Flexible location and work environment.
Fraym recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, family status, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.