Business Development Manager
Location Flexible /
Nithio – Go-to-Market /
Nithio is a venture-backed finance and analytics platform that uses advanced data analytics and machine learning to improve credit scoring capabilities for businesses, capital providers, governments, and other stakeholders in the distributed energy sector in Africa.
The company aims to address the acute need for modern energy access on the continent by providing a sustainable infrastructure for capital delivery, offering state-of-the-art underwriting tools, and a powerful information sharing platform for stakeholders to identify high-need grant recipients and credit-worthy customers. The platform offers flexible financing options by intermediating across providers of debt, concessional finance, grants and leveraging partnerships with leading financial institutions and multilateral organizations.
Nithio seeks an established business development manager to grow our engagement with institutions providing asset financing in Africa. Specifically, s/he will identify new opportunities, manage proposals, build industry partnerships, and cultivate relationships with current and prospective customers.
Success will be measured by annual revenue goals, pipeline development goals, and account progress goals.
- Master Nithio’s product, services, and applications. Be able to effectively articulate our unparalleled value for prospective customers, ideally with personal experiences and relevant examples.
- Work with a cross functional team of Data Scientists, Engineers, and Investment Officers to identify ways in which Nithio can enhance its engagement with and product delivery to FIs, commercial banks, development finance institutions and large funds through the introduction of new tools, data, financial products, and strategies.
- Support the preparation of customer engagement and investor materials, including prospect generation, preparing presentations and tracking lists
- Identify and capture new revenue. Work with the technical team to build account strategies and lead resulting proposal efforts.
- Receive and grow a portfolio of key accounts. Cultivate customer relationships and achieve account expansion goals.
- Achieve greater exposure and brand awareness for Nithio. Lead on opportunities (conferences, meetings, demonstrations, etc.) to secure market position.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key strategic partners
- Support Data Scientists and Investment Officers in responses to ad hoc projects and investor requests; gather and assess customer and investor feedback to improve product development and delivery.
- 3+ years of successful business development experience, including specific experience with new product sales or client cultivation
- Experience in finance, economics, capital markets or working with financial institutions/ development finance institutions is a plus
- Experience pitching complex ideas. Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to quickly understand and articulate Nithio’s product. Background in data science, machine learning, risk assessment and African markets is preferred.
- Excellent writing skills (with relevant examples to demonstrate writing quality).
- Commitment to grow the company and make progress towards achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Global experience, familiarity with African markets.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Nithio is based in Washington, DC. The location of this role is flexible.
- Competitive salary, with performance- and target-based bonuses.
- Medical, dental, vision, etc.
- Opportunities for significant career advancement in a fast-growing company.
Not sure you tick all the boxes? We encourage you to apply. We have a culture of learning, and if this job description sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you.
Nithio offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full benefits package.
Nithio recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, family status, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.