Deputy Director of Data Analytics
Fraym – Analytics /
Fraym is a geospatial data company that uses proprietary machine learning algorithms to deliver precise, local-level information about people in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. The company helps fast-growing companies, government agencies, and development organizations succeed in places where data has been traditionally hard to access. Fraym’s granular data adds an entirely new dimension to strategic and operational planning discussions, and answers questions like, ‘where are my target populations?’, and ‘what services are they interested in?’.
Fraym is seeking a Deputy Director of Data Analytics to play a vital role in the mission of supporting decision-making in developing countries. As a leader on Fraym’s Analytics Team, you will mentor team members, deliver tailored insights, craft impactful analyses, and shape our products. This role will have immense impact on revolutionizing decision-making.
- Grow a Team: Mentor, coach, and build an existing team of hard-working and highly talented data analysts.
- Manage Relationships: Be the primary representative of Fraym for a set of customers, including USAID and implementing partners and/or the intelligence community. Across all engagements, make sure Fraym is highly regarded and maintains outstanding customer satisfaction. In doing so, secure larger budgets, follow-on contracts, and create demand for Fraym’s solutions.
- Lead Implementation: Work closely with the Analytics team’s project managers to deliver analytical products, including presentations, briefings, and other materials under specific projects. Occasional direct project management (e.g., without a project manager) may be required.
- Shape the Product: Bring your implementation lessons back to company. Influence R&D to make sure that Fraym’s data and analytics address the most pressing and relevant needs of target customers and verticals.
- Lead the Field: Be a thought leader within and outside the organization in terms of geospatial data and AI/ML for development and/or security. Pursue opportunities to speak, educate, demonstrate, and generally move the field forward.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field, such as geography, economics, statistics, international development, national security studies, or public policy.
- Successful track record of carrying out projects for leading organizations, especially development actors like USAID (minimum 7-10 years) and/or intelligence agencies like NGA, DIA, or CIA.
- Experience managing technical teams, budgets, and products.
- Specific experience working with geospatial data, surveys, statistical methods, econometrics, data management, visualization technology, and/or advanced data analysis.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and experience working with US government budgets and regulations.
- Collaborative team member – enjoy working across team verticals.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Understanding of one or more technical areas, such as energy, transport, health, agriculture, security, peacebuilding, or OSINT/GEOINT.
- Demonstrated business development or account growth track record.
- Helpful software skills: Stata or R for descriptive and econometric analysis of micro-data from household surveys. R, ArcGIS, or QGIS for production of polished maps.
- Interest in Africa, Latin America, and/or Asia.
- Comfortable working with new, innovative companies, and/or social enterprises.
We are also excited to announce that Fraym’s office location will be moving from McLean, VA to Arlington, VA directly across from the Clarendon metro station in August of 2020.
Fraym recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, family status, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.