Arlington, VA /
Fraym – Data Science /
Fraym uses advanced machine-learning to generate localized insights on communities around the globe. Our location-based data about population characteristics and behaviors is employed by governments and organizations tackling some of the world's most pressing challenges like inequity and insecurity, climate vulnerability, public health, access to critical services, and more. Data created by our proprietary algorithms provides local-level insight on livelihoods, demographics, attitudes, behaviors, health, and public service access. This advanced geospatial data and analysis is available for 100+ countries at one square kilometer resolution—even in remote areas.
Summary of Position
Fraym is seeking a data scientist to support our data analytics team through troubleshooting and assisting in the execution of data science workflows. Your contributions will support decisions made in emerging markets across commercial, international development, and us government sectors.
You should have a strong data analytics background and an interest in getting in the weeds of products and workflows. If you enjoy diving into the nitty gritty of how, why, and when a process goes awry, and love collaborative problem solving with your peers, this position is for you. Preference will be given to applicants with experience in data analytics, code review, and training and capacity building.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing and advancing Fraym’s technical capabilities in new geographic markets, including adapting existing data pipelines and testing new algorithms and models
- Assessing potential applications of data science workflows to customer-driven, analytical engagements
- Coordinate with our analytics team to develop data science solutions, tools and applications to enhance workflow efficiency
- Training and onboarding analytics team members to new and/or improved data science processes and systems
- Debugging and troubleshooting errors and issues emerging from data science apps, packages, and software
- Working within interdisciplinary project teams to drive data driven decision-making by building and scaling predictive models
You will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field.
- Essential skills: R (working with caret, tidyverse, etc. and creating packages), Python (sklearn, numpy, etc.), and working in a cloud computing environment (AWS).
- Experience with or interest in geospatial data (vector and raster)
- Enjoy advancing projects both on one's own and collaboratively
- Experience with or interest in technical communication and training
- Ability to quickly develop technical skills and learn new tools with minimal mentorship and supervision.
Not sure you tick all the boxes? We encourage you to apply. We have a culture of learning, and if this job description sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you.
Fraym offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full benefits package.
Fraym recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, family status, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
Interested? Please submit your application with a resume and short statement answering “Why Fraym.”